The Car Thread

MadManMike

My original posting of the picture now applies.

If I took 1 of 5 badgers off the boot, 2 of 5, 3 of 5, 4 of 5, or all of the badgers off the boot I have still badgered my boot because I have removed badgers from it.

I have removed the badgers I wanted to, and resprayed the damaged areas where it was improperly done in the past. Meaning I have debadgered my boot to the proper standard that I am happy with.

That is as in keeping with a traditional sense of the term "debadgering" as I can see.

:ermm:

Edited by Danny

Arguing for the sake of arguing anyone?

Generally, "de-badgering" means removing all traces of badges from either the front or back of the car.

Like if you tell someone you've just wiped your arse, you generally don't leave a little bit on the left side of your crack because you fancied it.

• Like 3

Porsche 996?

Brand new Dacia duster?

E46 M3 (with change)

TVR chimaera

Audi S6

Megane Renaultsport

Need to narrow it down a bit. What do you need / want from a car?

Generally looking for a nice car something which will be used as a daily driver but also has a good bit of power.

Insurance shouldn't really be a problem am away to turn 23.

There's just so much cars u can buy really in that price range. I'm coming from a 240bhp corsa vxr just now which will be getting traded in towards new car

You're literally all wrong and I am right. And it actually annoys me that you cannot see it.

Google "debagering" and you'll find that more than half of the cars in the first two pages of images have everything other than the make of the vehicle removed.

Seeing as you know f**k all about it I'll educate you; debadging started off with Vauxhall in the early 70's offering their vehicles with or without model badges so that people wouldn't look down on a lower model or see a higher model as a nickable car. Vauxhall were one of the first companies to use stuck on badges as apposed to traditional press fit pins.

Debading traditionally (as used by monkey) would be removing all trim level or model badges from a vehicle.

So back in your boxes; go do some research and come back and tell me I'm right.

Interiors mostly back in the Scirocco now, well the dash sound-deadening and most of the carpet is, but as the seats and the rest of the carpet take about 1 minute to fit and need no tools that's as good as all of it. My god there's not much left of my centre console having chopped it about to fit around the shifter! Unfortunately things were slow today as I wasn't feeling 100% and it was damn cold, so if all goes to plan I should be MOTing it thursday now rather than tomorrow.

I really wish I had something car related to try and bring this back on topic and civility...

Hmmm - I still haven't put a tyre on my replacement wheel. How lazy does that make me?

OOOOH! I do have a question, although no pics that would make it easier for you lot to answer. Basically when I hit that curb and smashed up my wheel, I also managed to crack the bumper most of the way down vertically towards the corner. Any got any experience with getting a bodyshop to fix something like that - i.e. what sort of ballpark figure should I have in my head to know I'm not being fleeced?

Cheers Tom, got an existing split in the rear bumper to go with it from before I got it too so it could be a pretty hefty winter for this car! Going to keep it for the foreseeable though, so might as well get it looking right.

I'll give it a go JD, I'm basically a pro now.

602299_10151517491495130_1426798320_n.jpg

I did this at the side of the road, with rattle cans, one piece of 1200grit wet and dry and a bottle of t cut.

Apart from cutting through a little bit I am dead chuffed; I'll just touch up the rub through and then wet sand it and re-polish. :)

I'll get some pics next time I'm next to the car, and we'll see how confident you could be. Ultimately it doesn't need to be perfect as the paintwork all over the car shows that it's a 1996 car, but passable would be good. I'd be fairly confident at doing it myself in the garage if I truly thought I'd actually bother!

Bodywork isn't hard at all, as long as you don't cut corners and take time in the prep.

Give it a go, if you were going to have to pay somebody to do it anyway what have you got to lose? :)

Time, frustration, face. I've not even put a tyre on a wheel yet, I'm hardly gonna get round to prepping a bumper and doing it properly ;)