Best Of The Internet

ZeroMatt

Trudat. I estimate that because I do bouldering, trad climbing, indoor climbing and winter climbing that it's cost me about twice as much as trials ever did.

Winter climbing kit is the big one though. I managed to get everything for about £1250 - 1500 by being a savvy shopper, but I don't have "cold" weather kit. My kit is only good for UK winter (down to about -10C). Proper cold weather like the Alps in winter can be -40C, and you need all different kit again (boots alone for that temp are £600+).

Getting into climbing is usually cheaper though. If you start with bouldering you can make do with a £60 pair of shoes and a £10 chalk bag.

That is sooo not savage...

Might be a spoiler, but to anyone else about to spend 40mins watching, she cheated on her husband and that's the worst question. I was expecting them to ask if she'd ever been a hooker or a drug dealer.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but thought the camera work on the first approach was pretty cool in HD, can really see the pilot battling against the crosswind and the control surfaces going all over the place. edit: oh yeah note the engines wobbling on the pylons!

Edited by LukasMcNeal
  • Like 1

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but thought the camera work on the first approach was pretty cool in HD, can really see the pilot battling against the crosswind and the control surfaces going all over the place. edit: oh yeah note the engines wobbling on the pylons!

*Ding-dong*

"ladies and gentleman,we are sorry to announce but we will not land the plane today due to crosswinds, thus we stuck in the air.

Thank you for flying with us and no, the 3 people who just jumped out are totally not the pilots."

'Murica has turned jeremy kyle into a hard and fast game show. i'm 14 minutes in and this is SAVAGE hahahaha

Five weeks ago, Lauren Cleri was ready to fight for her marriage to husband Frank—despite the bombshells about infidelity she'd just dropped on FOX's The Moment of Truth. "I don't believe in divorce," she told PEOPLE in March. But now? "Frank and I aren't living together," with no plans to reunite, she says. "I couldn't be happier."

Sure, she may have done some damage when she told 8.5 million viewers that she had cheated on Frank (later insisting it was just emotional infidelity) and that she should be wed to an ex-boyfriend instead. Cleri says the couple of two years already had problems—but airing them didn't help. Two weeks ago, Cleri, 26, moved back in with her parents in Pennsauken, N.J., while Frank, 25, a police officer, stayed in Piermont, N.Y. After the show, "we didn't talk that much," she says. "He kept changing his mind. [He'd say,] 'I want to work things out.... I don't want to.'" Finally, she realized "if I tried to work things out, I'd be going back to unhappiness."

Frank, meanwhile, "just wants to lie low," says his mom, Maggie, who adds, "he's not angry with Lauren. A part of him still loves her." She's forgiven Lauren, but not The Moment of Truth: "That show is out to ruin people's lives."

Her daughter-in-law disagrees. "At first, I regretted going on the show," Cleri says, "but now I'm thankful. It sped up the process of finding what Frank and I need."

does any one else miss the days of best of the internet filling up quickly? I think trials forum has drained the internet of everything funny over the years.

on a side note I check trials forum daily but this is the first time ive signed in, in about a year i think.

• Like 1