Best Of The Internet

ZeroMatt

So to get the first 30 minutes you burn one rope at both ends, get 3 matches ready for when it's burnt then burn the other rope at both ends and also in the middle? However, the two bits of rope you've created by burning it in the middle must both disappear at the same time to give you 15 minutes, so I don't think that would work :S

its not exactly precise as they mentioned the ropes not being burning linearly,but its an average 45mins.

the water tank puzzle i´ve read a few years ago pointed me the right direction to be honest

"22. You have a 3 and a 5 litre water container, each container has no markings except for that which gives you it's total volume. You also have a running tap. You must use the containers and the tap in such away as to exactly measure out 4 litres of water. How is this done?"

Edited by FamilyBiker

its not exactly precise as they mentioned the ropes not being burning linearly,but its an average 45mins.

the water tank puzzle i´ve read a few years ago pointed me the right direction to be honest

"22. You have a 3 and a 5 litre water container, each container has no markings except for that which gives you it's total volume. You also have a running tap. You must use the containers and the tap in such away as to exactly measure out 4 litres of water. How is this done?"

fill the 5l from the tap, fill the 3l from the 5l, empty the 3l, put the 2l remaining in the 3l conatainer, fill the 5l from the tap, top up the 3l(which only containers 2l) with the 5l container. leaves you will 4l in the 5l container.

fill the 5l from the tap, fill the 3l from the 5l, empty the 3l, put the 2l remaining in the 3l conatainer, fill the 5l from the tap, top up the 3l(which only containers 2l) with the 5l container. leaves you will 4l in the 5l container.

As I was going to St Ives

I met a man with seven wives

Every wife had seven sacks

Every sack had seven cats

Every cat had seven kittens

Kittens, cats, sacks, wives

How many were going to St Ives?

Very good McClane...

• Like 2

Got to appreciate his own barrister basically calling him out for being a fanny.

Speaking of:

The Labour source said Miliband had also been disappointed by the language of a government source, who told the Times: "No 10 and the Foreign Office think Miliband is a fucking cunt and a copper-bottomed shit."

The Guardian ain't scared

• Like 2