Onza, Bad Rep?

AkuskaUK

I wouldn't be riding if it wasn't for onza, they just make trials affordable, plus the two new stocks are top quality frames! as well as some of the old mods 320 etc.

as for the the paint jobs they were simply to keep the cost down for the frames themselves, but i do agree that of they were simply anodized with a onza logo and no graphics they would look a lot higher quality, 'look' being the key word in that as they are great frames!

• Like 1

One more thing, was the T-Rex copied off the COUSTELLIER frame? It looks remarkably the same :S

Do you have a brake booster fitted? That will help with the flex, although Maguras are pretty powerful so all frames will flex when pulled hard enough even with a booster.

No, i am looking into buying one though! My Maggies seem to be able to bend it so easily :D

The newer paint jobs really suck, especially the stocks! If you looked at the pure and the genesis you would think the Echo would cost at least £100 more.

Onza Ice, comp and 320 were an excellent job though.

Can't deny with that, three of my favorite bikes at the moment. Although the chain stay issue on the limey was a big let down. :ermm:

Because for it to be able to snap, it usually needs to be cracked first which is something that happens over time. Every warranty frame we've ever had that's "just snapped" has shown clear signs around the tubing where the snap happens that it's been cracked for a while first. It's massively unlikely that any frame would be able to just snap without it having some sort of damage first, especially when people drop out the classic "I was just doing a ______".

Because for it to be able to snap, it usually needs to be cracked first which is something that happens over time. Every warranty frame we've ever had that's "just snapped" has shown clear signs around the tubing where the snap happens that it's been cracked for a while first. It's massively unlikely that any frame would be able to just snap without it having some sort of damage first, especially when people drop out the classic "I was just doing a ______".

tbf? It litterally did just snap, i used the bash plate a lot to learn stuff, no cracks ..nothing ..the f**ker snapped on me side hopping ..pile of shit

Nothing wrong with onza's.. i had a 2003 t-vee when i first started when they first came out.. great learner bike and then i progressed onto the t-mag and so on. But onza have recently stepped up more in the game to compete with other brands like the limey 4 at a great price and design.

I think i would much prefer to push an onza than ride a over priced koxx bike.

I think they struggle to shake off the budget tag which most people associate with poor quality. I bought a genesis frame recently though and I would say the quality was as good as a lot of other big manufacturers. I did paint it before I built it up though as the paint job looked shot

I have had had an 02 t-rex for years, taken some serious abuse from various riders and no issue. The customer service I have always found to be great.

I did snap my limey 2 which I was quite surprised about, BUT THIS IS TRIALS, stuff breaks, get over it! That is like saying every time I see something form a company which has been damaged I should never buy from that company. I would be left with no one to buy from.

Thanks to the supporters in this topic. In 7 years I have worked at Onza we have never been everyones cup of tea, But what brand is....... I'd like to think that most people understand that brands like Koxx would not have produced the Yaabaa brand if they didnt have admiration for what we do. How is that brand doing by the way? We have over our 14 year life produced over 15000 trials bikes, Thats alot of new riders to the sport as a high percentage have an Onza to start with. Without these 15000 new riders on the market place there would be no "buyers" for the expensive aftermarket products from other brands thus colapsing these other companys. What state would trials be in if that had happened?

• Like 2