Kony 2012

dannytrialskid

Essentially we're very vulnerable to blindly adopting ideas that we take to be our own because they either came to us at a point where we were generally unaware or because, despite having critical skills, we don't apply them to certain areas of our thinking. This is compacted by the fact that when lots of other people behave or belief in the same way you are even less likely to be critical about those norms. This is what is meant by being a robot really. It's not so much a conspiracy but just a consequence of the nature of people being vulnerable alongside people being greedy. We are products of our environment and at present our environment is centred on greed.

Our thoughts on the abstract term of perfectionism differ massively. I believe that someone who is lacking in any of the basic needs of food, shelter and the absence of war would happily be looking up to the existence of all those basics as 'perfect'. The thought of 'if only I had food, then my life would be perfect' would be something they would definitely go through. Likewise, someone with all those basics will look up to another sort of 'perfection' - i.e. perfection is a moving metric to measure against. My 'perfection' at the moment would be to have a house with a few bedrooms and a garage, a wife and kids, and to have less stress to allow myself more happiness. I'm sure that when I achieve those things, I will be aiming for some other version of 'perfect' - probably less material.

Above the basics all 'wants' have been imprinted on ones mind throughout ones development.

Dude you should do talks and shit. People would pay to hear you talk about stuff.

Ben says nothing spectacular, original or unknown, he has a very good grasp on critical thinking, which can be learned or developed. He is saying nothing more or less than what Jesus, Mohamed, Ghandi, Bhudda, or any other critical thinkers have said in the past.

No offence Ben.

Mockery aside, my take on this current situation is that the guy is clearly scum. He has been for 30 years, and if there was any gain in sorting him out then the SAS would have been dropped in 20+ years ago. Fact is, it's not our country, not our right to police that country, and not our fight. All this fund raising and awareness is futile. If the government could see an advantage to dealing with this guy, they would have done by now.

There was nothing to gian 20 + years ago, there is much to gain now.

Reem

I'm a total dick that watches a shit program and then insists on quoting things from it in my own life.

Saying this automatically gives others permission to belt you round the face with a shovel.

An expression used by retards in the South of England to prove they're a cunt.

Reem which also stands for "Meer" backwards as in you are a meer kat too :) Schimplesssssss

Edited by Andeee

I am even more confused now......

On the original topic, my kid got shown the kony 2012 vid in school today without any of the other side being explained or f**k all, just sorta hey kids watch this.

I shall be mostly going there and causing havoc tomorrow.

oh, fantastic -.-

I think I'd try and go while they've got class and explain the other side infront of all, making the teacher look a bit of an idiot. :P