Any Solidworks Gurus?

Joe_Elding

vicee.jpg

Thats a bit of coursework ive had to do for my engineering design module, basically one of the tasks im struggling with is the animation of the jaws opening and shutting. The shaft is mated to the base of the vice as a screw so when it turns clockwise it should move forward, but when i attach the motor in motion study nothing happens.

any ideas?

Thats a bit of coursework ive had to do for my engineering design module, basically one of the tasks im struggling with is the animation of the jaws opening and shutting. The shaft is mated to the base of the vice as a screw so when it turns clockwise it should move forward, but when i attach the motor in motion study nothing happens.

any ideas?

If you manually manipulate the jaw does the system work as it should? You'll need plenty more mates in place I think if it is only the screw mate you've used...

If i move the jaw the shaft spins as it should but the handle does crazy things, it spins but not on the same axis as the shaft so doesnt stay connected to it...

Ok, Ive just sorted out the handle problem, if i move the jaw in and out everything spins correctly, its just the animation now.

Have you set the body for the motor to act against?

(I'm pretty sure that's an option on there, I don't have the motion study section of Solidworks on my laptop anymore, only modeling, so can't check it).

Also what's the problem with '11022472 MOVING JAW'? I'm guessing you've sorted out whatever it's errors are?