Ebay Feedback

LukasMcNeal

Okay basically sold my old iPhone on eBay as spares and repairs, it had screws from the motherboard and a clip missing. I put this very clearly in the listing, the person who had bought this has asked me if I had them so I replied saying no they were lost and how it was mentioned in the listing. Now ive left him positive feedback cause he payed quick etc. I'm a bit worried his gonna try and mug me off on the feedback even though it was mentioned in the listing. Where do I stand if I get left negative feedback when I legitimately said spares and repairs and noted the missing items in the listing?

First of all, why would you get negative feedback if you've been 100% honest?

What makes you think he's going to 'mug you off''?

If it was stated clearly in the listing that it was for spares or repairs, and that it was missing those bits then I'd imagine ebay would overturn it, unless he can prove otherwise...

Seems a little premature to be worried about something that might happen. Obviously telling him that it was mentioned in the description is a must do (which I think you already have). If he leaves negative feedback he's an idiot, and generally you can leave a responce to negative feedback so anyway who's looking at it will hear your side too.

Unless you're a shop / doing business on ebay I wouldn't worry about negative feedback anyway.

• Like 1

Worst case, eBay can remove bad feedback if it's deemed scornful. The process is a pain in the arse though.

Can you do that?

I received a negative feedback ages ago for selling a Pandora (STYLE) bracelet with box. I said in the listing and the title it was not genuine. The sale went through and low and behold i get a negative feedback saying my listing was a fake because it had a box.... I thought all i could do was comment on the feedback saying that i had put Pandora Style and that i never said it was a genuine one.. And honestly are people that dumb that they think they can win a £400 bracelet for £15???? :/

And to be fair now i never leave feedback untill it has been left for me, because i got sick of people claiming items not arriving, and the moment you mention you have proof of postage they magically appear!...

Can you do that?

To respond to the OP, you can 'respond' to negative feedback explaining the case away. Most of the times I see that the seller sounds like they have a pretty good case and I ignore the negative.

To get feedback removed completed I think both parties have to agree to it being removed.

Can you do that?

Yep.

To get feedback removed completed I think both parties have to agree to it being removed.

Nope. eBay can bin it if it's scornful, but as I say it's a pita, trying to communicate with eBay helpers is like trying to get blood out of a stone!

• Like 1

Nope. eBay can bin it if it's scornful, but as I say it's a pita, trying to communicate with eBay helpers is like trying to get blood out of a stone!

It's also sometimes easier to try getting it removed on a technicality. Mentioning any dispute process in the feedback, Deformation of character etc. If someone said the seller is dishonest or lied it'll be removed without too much resistance from the ebay team.

Well it wont disappear all together, but it doesn't show in your feedback rating because it's based on the previous 12 months. So it will still be there but on page 10 or 11 and my actual rating will go back to 100%.

In fact just double checked it it has gone, i'm already back to 100% to confirm this.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=chav3tt3&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=7&page=7

And click feedback as a seller then go to page 7 there is two one date 2009 and one 2011 and my final feedback is 100%

Edited by Miss-Higgy