Uci Rule Change 2012 - The Super Final

Laurence--Trials

The 2012 season of Bike Trial is actively preparing for the UCI. 2012 marks a break in the management of the final UCI World Cup Bike Trial. In a new step was added to determine the winner of each round. The Super Final is coming!

By the end of last season we had been aware of this possibility, which is intended, it must be confessed, to get closer to a short format, dramatic, intense for a TV broadcast. This does not mean that television will take on Trial, but it pushes the trial in another media dimension. Format with a maximum stroke of 60 minutes will also in this direction.

By cons, according to regulation issued by the UCI, the riders will have to chain final and super final. To be sure, we posed the question to John Flambard (Event Performance) organizes two-run French.

"Normally, the Super Final will take place directly after the final. Riders must ride on the same areas. It is possible, but not required that areas be changed between the two. But in any case given the timing, any adjustment will be difficult. In addition, the four best areas thus roll the final and in the same direction. "

This will impose new demands on organizers' is on, especially since the public will think of grouping the four areas of the super final. It is clear now with this new format as the trial approaches a television format. For cons, I find it a shame to put the tie against the clock for the super final, but we have to stop the race at a time. I'm still partisans of a tie on the areas. "Confided John Flambard.

But is this development going in the right direction for the sport "I think so. There will be entertainment and the public is better able to understand the discipline. It is vital and essential. Event Performance has always wanted to move forward. We are ready for this new challenge, "concludes John Flambard.

It all begins, as in previous seasons, with the Quarter and Semi finals before the final eight. From there we will live a new race, the super final will pit the four best riders in the final. The format of the Super Final himself is brand new.

The Super Final, user manual:

- The 4 best riders qualified for the final

- The points of the final is held.

- There are four areas to be done to separate the pilot

- The worst of the final four carries in the first turn in 4 zones

- The next rider soars when the previous has completed four areas

- The 4 runners and pass one after the other.

- The Super Final will last up to 60 minutes.

- In case of tie, the time zone in the Super Final, which will be taken into account.

We see in these "super final", each of the four best riders will come solo to the public, in addition there is a notion of speed since a tie is the time in the super final will to separate the drivers.

Other important changes:

- The first 15 quarter-final will qualify for the 1 / 2 final (and not 10 as in previous years).

- Ranking of points used to determine the 10 drivers who do not start the World Cup in 1 / 2 finals. But be careful when calculating the ranking appear two new classes (such as mountain biking, for example). Class C1 (international race) and Class CN (National Championship). While these new classes relate some points, but these points can make a difference on the season.

- The class C1 in the ranking suggests the new UCI races, which is good for the Trial, which will expand the calendar.

- So far, the World Cup took place on 2 or 3 days. Now the UCI uniform every round with a planing over 3 days. It may just as well as courses in urban areas are managed in two days for reasons of logistics.

- Premiums for the first of each set is revised upwards

We look forward to making us the World Cup "new model".

As each season since 2009, the team will be on Trial Inside every round with RockyRoads

18/01/2012 - Inside Trial

original article http://trial-inside.com/index.php/fr/news/item/137-super-finale-la-coupe-du-monde-uci-change

thoughts?

Super gay if you ask me.

Edited by Laurence--Trials

"This does not mean that television will take on Trial, but it pushes the trial in another media dimension"

So essentially there changing the whole format to interest TV coverage without trying to make an agreement with a channel first? Seems short sighted to me. Find a deal, get a contract, then change the format, don't do it "just in case".

edit: This is probably way short of the truth, having never done a comp im probably not one to judge.

Edited by Simpson
  • Like 1

I heard they were considering an ultra final intended for radio broadcast where the top 2 riders accelerate down a small ramp and then jump off their bikes. Whoever's bike rolls the farthest is the winner of the championship. It seems they scrapped that idea in favour of the super final.

• Like 2

I don't get it.

Nor do I, I don't think.

So basically, after the final the top 4 go through to this 'super final' where they will compete over 4 of the previous sections, while being timed. Then the winner is decided on points first, then time in the case of a tie? Basically just to encourage them to ride faster than normal? Would have to see it in action before passing a judgement on it myself.

Nor do I, I don't think.

So basically, after the final the top 4 go through to this 'super final' where they will compete over 4 of the previous sections, while being timed. Then the winner is decided on points first, then time in the case of a tie? Basically just to encourage them to ride faster than normal? Would have to see it in action before passing a judgement on it myself.

Correct from what i understand. They ride the four hardest sections again, straight after they finish the final, you would have thought they would be too tired after the final to ride again?

Correct from what i understand. They ride the four hardest sections again, straight after they finish the final, you would have thought they would be too tired after the final to ride again?

I think that's kind of the point - more mistakes will potentially be made coupling that with the time aspect? If they're setting it up for a TV audience (which I wouldn't say is a bad idea to do it in advance of there being a deal on the table) then they need to do everything possible to make sure that most of the time the super final is settled on points to make it as simple as possible for the first time viewer.

Laurence Knight Do you think this is good or bad Abel Mustieles? I want a elite riders opinion on this change. Will you not be too tired to do an extra 4 sections?

23 hours ago · Like

Abel Mustieles I think that we will be a supermans for ride the superfinal in a good conditions, I like the old model of Worlds Cups, but if this change is good for us and can come TV...We need to say OK

Rick Koekoek Its yes and no.. We need to get stuf changed..dont know if this is the right thing.. But I agree on the Superman bit! ;) So you will be Batmen? ;)

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=343658245652608&id=1532134327&notif_t=share_reply

Edited by Laurence--Trials

I have attended a number of world cups in the past and the old format seemed to work pretty well. The only problem being the section are a little easy in the first round.

I cannot see how this new format will make UCI world cup events any better for TV. Four (tired from the final) riders, four sections, 1 hour that's still one hell of allot of time needed to fill an hour's TV programme or even 30 minutes.

• Like 1

Who the hell wants to watch a trials comp on tv anyway?

Indoor moto trials comps make quite good viewing if done as kind of 'contracted highlights' and I'd guess biketrials could be watchable if done similarly. That or do something along the lines of Total Wipeout on bikes. But then who'd ride in that? :shifty:

• Like 1