Hmmm... Which To Choose

Matt Vandart

your clearly follow your competitions quite closely, what is your problem? why are you trying to like out do me, lol sure get weird kicks..

Just because a lot of us don't ride comps any more, doesn't mean we aren't aware of the scene still. Facts are facts, and if that bothers you then why argue about it?

Trying to out do you? Christ, it's a discussion on a topic, not a competition about competitions.

Most high end comp bikes are designed around a high BB as it's more appropriate for top level comps. These comps are predominantly ridden on the rear wheel, rather than rolling around much. Hell, riders carry their bikes between sections for christ's sake!

If you look at any more street-oriented comp (though these are becoming fewer and further between) the bikes used are all shorter with lower BBs.

I wasn't trying to out do you, it's called stating facts.

Oh and while we're on the subject, I keep myself remotely interested in what's going on in the comp scene thanks, I just choose not to be such a part of it now.

Back on topic:

Matt, presumably you've ridden Dave's bike a fair bit? Try and play on some of the stuff you normally ride on that, then session some natty on the Zeb. Should give a vague idea of which you could live with more.

as said, they couldn't be much more different!

If you like to ride a big bmx as some narrow minded people might call it then get the inspired and have more fun than you could imagine.

If you want to do bigger sidehops and maybe enter comps then the Echo makes quite a good seatless trials bike, I've ridden Duncan's and it's pretty nice.

Big LOL! (Y)

explain why all modern comp frames have at least +60 bb then

Because most comps are designed to be ridden on one wheel.

i didnt ask a question

Question.

Noun: A sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information

;)

Edit; Sorry matt, made a fair old mess of this (though I semi-suspect that was the idea)

I'm out. Ozzy if you really want to keep going feel free to fire over a PM or whatever.

comps are not all ridden on there back wheel? dont know any comp where i have seen some one ride a comp doing just back wheel moves, hell qubec (canada) world round last year or the year before had 2 massive kickers..

comps are not all ridden on there back wheel? dont know any comp where i have seen some one ride a comp doing just back wheel moves, hell qubec (canada) world round last year or the year before had 2 massive kickers..

im trying my best to not get involved here but im pretty sure luke didn't mention anything about comps being 'just back wheel moves', though he did mention 'on one wheel'.. which could be either one of the two wheels that most bike's have fitted to them.

• Like 1

Back on topic:

Matt, presumably you've ridden Dave's bike a fair bit? Try and play on some of the stuff you normally ride on that, then session some natty on the Zeb. Should give a vague idea of which you could live with more.

Problem with this plan is i ride with my brakes arse backwards so never really get a proper test of another bike.

im trying my best to not get involved here but im pretty sure luke didn't mention anything about comps being 'just back wheel moves', though he did mention 'on one wheel'.. which could be either one of the two wheels that most bike's have fitted to them.

Are you serious?! Lol!

Gotta agree with ozzy though and go against the grain. Id be amazed to see anyone go through a competition mainly on their back wheel... thats carthy level!

Luke and Ozzy both have a point here:

If you're looking to ride comps on this 'new bike' and when you not at comps your riding on rocks, then by all means the Echo is the better bike. The Inspired in comparison will feel awkward on rocks due to the geometry not being centered around that sort of riding, and it'd weigh more than the Echo too.

Likewise if you mostly ride on the street and enjoy doing something different to just doing static moves and hopping around on the rear wheel then get the Inspired. The Echo will be more difficult to do anything involving a bit of motion (roll-ups, taps, spins, etc..), and the Echo will be more fragile.

To some up:

Comps, natural, static moves, lightness = Echo.

Street, rolling moves, fun, durability = Inspired.

(Y)

So it's OK to generalise about the riding that those on BIG BMXs do, but not OK to generalise about pogo sticks?

f**k off and get over yourselves, seriously. Also note that 'you lot' are the ones throwing insults and name calling, and not us 'clueless' lot. Grow up.

• Like 2

Im not against any type of trials riding. Whilst comp riding is VERY skillfull its not my cup of tea. Street is more my thing but i am also well aware that this sport came from comp riding it doesnt mean anything else is "wrong". Look at BMX

It started as racing and now we have all different styles of bmx and nobody complains about that. Sorry to the author of this thread for fuelling the flames and turning this into another "that aint trials" arguement.

• Like 1