Wallrides

onza pro series guy

Ive dicked around with the idea before but never really got it nailed. Ive got a couple in the past but they were pure fluke. I can't ride for two weeks so had time to think about my riding and have decided that this is the direction i want to go. I know to ride at a relatively shallow angle towards the wall with speed then hop into it but generally my rear kinda slides down while the front grips any advice?

sounds like you are doing possibly three things wrong.

1) coming in too perpendicular to the wall

2) not lying the bike flat enough to grip the wall

3) having the front wheel too high

I find around 45 degrees gives a good angle to get grip on the wall, but sometimes it will just bounce you off rather than carving it, have a play around and see how you get on.

Make sure your front wheel isn't too much higher than the rear, this doesn't work too well (and my main problem)

Make sure you lay the bike over as you hit the wall

It's like riding on the floor but at 90*. You wouldn't ride on the floor at a funny angle, and you wouldn't be scarred to ride fast on the floor either. That is all you need. If you can't bare to do them still with commitment, just manual into it and lean away.

Ok thank you will have a play when the NHS say im allowed, I've been hopping into them already but thinking about it i reckon im either lifting the front too high or not leaning into it as it were. Any pointers for discounting the wall as on my few flukey runs i was no where near smooth, i was trying to bunnyhop off if you know what i meen? Is this right?

Any pointers for discounting the wall as on my few flukey runs i was no where near smooth, i was trying to bunnyhop off if you know what i meen? Is this right?

You want to be carving the wall. If you hop into it, the front should carve a gravity induced arc and as you start to come down pull the front away from the wall a bit, bring the bike a bit more vertical and land both wheels together. You shouldn't be trying to bunnyhop off as such, just smoothly ride it out by bringing the front away first.