Try-All Karbons

Greetings

Ordered, looking forward to getting them.

If the Tarty boys are reading, will a 127mm tube/headset height be ok? If not then I'll change the frame but I rather like the Echo...

you should be able to use the echo frame you have with a chris king headset rather than an echo which should give you a stack height of 135mm plus, save buying a new frame

i make it to be 136mm +/- .10mm

Edited by dave33

I simply asked some questions, of course it's a bit unclear or there wouldnt be all the posts from others saying there confused!

There's a massive difference between clarity and comprehension. There are some things on our site which are painfully clear, but you still get Q&A questions from people who don't understand them. A classic example being the multiple questions about whether we can change specs on bikes which have "The spec of this bike is completely fixed" written as the very first line of the description...

The one set we had which snapped broke at the steerer, but again that appeared to be from a defect in the carbon rather than a design issue or anything like that. I wouldn't say they 'usually' snap anywhere really - from the way people love to post photos of broken parts online I'd have thought there would've been more photos of them around if they were breaking.

Are you trying these forks out Dave?

You shouldnt be weary mate like mark explained to me on the phone and earlier in the thread they have had one pair back and that was due to a manufacturing defect something to do with the resin or the carbon, anyway carthy is still on his first set i believe and was the first to get a pair over here that should give you enough confidence in them .

Edit mark your quick!

Edited by Jake-Ansell

Why?

I hope mine last, having second thoughts about them now. Then again I'll probably put less strain on them in a month than Vince does during one ride.

They usually snap at the steerer right?

because I don't ride comps nor do I ever want to ride front magura and riding it for street would be silly as I obviously need a mile long steerer to run all the spacers I need B)

Carthy is a complete monster. He was going through the Try-All alloy forks in little over 2 weeks and ripping Rockman forks apart in a couple of months.

Having ridden with Carthy throughout this years nationals you really get an idea for how much stress he puts through his bike.

The 4th round was the first time i'd seen him with the carbons and and they are still going now from what i hear.

I'd have no worries riding a set

• Like 2

Carthy is a complete monster. He was going through the Try-All alloy forks in little over 2 weeks and ripping Rockman forks apart in a couple of months.

Having ridden with Carthy throughout this years nationals you really get an idea for how much stress he puts through his bike.

The 4th round was the first time i'd seen him with the carbons and and they are still going now from what i hear.

I'd have no worries riding a set

He has an insert glued into his steerer tube though!

Nah, it's a custom one Adam made out of a cut-off bit of bars (I think?). It's just a small extension for the insert itself.

Sorry to brag on about this subject seeing as a lot has been said already.

Would installing a set of handlebars in the steerer make the stack height minimum more negligible from a practical point of view? I'm really not comfortable with changing frames, tried a few candidates today and they all seemed odd. So I'd like to explore every possibility of safely installing these on a total stack height of 127mm.

Sorry to brag on about this subject seeing as a lot has been said already.

Would installing a set of handlebars in the steerer make the stack height minimum more negligible from a practical point of view? I'm really not comfortable with changing frames, tried a few candidates today and they all seemed odd. So I'd like to explore every possibility of safely installing these on a total stack height of 127mm.

At a guess if you make an insert it would void any warranty!

Why can't you just use a taller headset like a king?

And if Carthy hasn't snapped his yet with the insert your not going to!

At a guess if you make an insert it would void any warranty!

Why can't you just use a taller headset like a king?

And if Carthy hasn't snapped his yet with the insert your not going to!

I'd rather get some advice from someone who has first hand experience in this matter.

If you do, then sorry. It just seems there's few facts in your posts, mostly assumptions based on observations.

edit: don't mean to sound like a dick.

Edited by Greetings
  • Like 1

I'd rather get some advice from someone who has first hand experience in this matter.

If you do, then sorry. It just seems there's few facts in your posts, mostly assumptions based on observations.

edit: don't mean to sound like a dick.

That's fair enough, I think I'm 1 of 3 people in this topic who has first hand experience regarding these!

I have personally seen jacks forks, personally seen both Coust bros forks and spoke to there dad about the mod he's made to them

Fact if you run a king headset with your frame which has a 105mm headtube length the stack height will be 136mm +\- .10mm I know this because I measured it myself!

Yea this is a guess not a fact, if you make an insert it will void the warranty, but jack don't have to worry as he's sponsored by koxx

On topic picked the bike up today with a set of these on and they are brilliant forks, had a quick play on them tonight and am confident they will hold up just fine,if you're thinking about getting them don't,just buy them.(well when tarty restock get them i think I got the last pair =/)