Avid Levers

murph82

thanks for looking. Putting v's on my twenty four and wondering if it's worth getting speed dial levers or some fr5's or similar. I've only used sd levers for a long time and like them but not sure i actually use the sd as i run the pivot at the top of the adjustment, where it would be on normal levers? Anyone used both recently and can offer an opinion. Will be running a bb7 and probably an avid rival on the back. Thanks

i've run sd7 levers for years and recently acquired a bike with a fr5 lever, and haven't bothered to swap my sd7's over onto it, i think they make the lever feel a bit shity cause of the extra components in them, that said my sd7s are prety tatty and worn so it might be an unfair comparison, the option to adjust your cable pull rate is kinda cool but it's just not that game changing to be honest.

I wouldn't consider any lever without the speed dial system, it's totally a game changer!

:rolleyes:

What does it actually do to your brake I can see it moves the point where it is pulled from towards the bar or away from, it does this increase modulation when wound in?

Edited by jambo

What does it actually do to your brake I can see it moves the point where it is pulled from towards the bar or away from, it does this increase modulation when wound in?

This. I've toyed with them in the past but felt it changed the feel of the lever to much for my liking.