Caged Pedals

dirt jumper jake

Seeing as this is my 3rd pair of TR's to die im wanting some different ones.

Been looking on Fartydykes and they all look much the same... weak.

Im guessing the rockmans/tryalls are the same pedals? Are they anygood or just as crap as the echos? failing that what are the TR platform pedals like strength wise? Im no means a basher but they need to be strong... Any help appreciated ladys!

The Rockmans are the same as the old Try-Alls

I cracked a pair of the Rockmans just off from one of the arms in little over 8weeks

The new Try-Alls have reinforcing/beefed up bits on the arms, this has made them a lot stronger

I've been running my Try-alls now, without fault since May

post-20819-0-92739900-1324498898_thumb.p

Had them.. killed them.

I found with platforms i rip the pins out piss easy, hence wanting caged again

What pedals did you have? I've had my echo TRs for well over a year now, still have all their pins and beleave me i'm not soft on them atall!!

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Problem with a lot of platforms is that the pins are countersunk from the back, when there's really no need for them to be. All it does is literally half the amount of thread that holds the pins in. Wellgo and some other brands used to do this back in the day, although I don't know if they still do. On my last BMX I had Odyssey JC trail mix pedals and the pins are more like mini cap head bolts with plenty of thread to hold them in. Haven't lost a pin yet and they'll be going straight on my trials bike when I get it built up.

Edited by Chris Borneo

The new TR platform pedals are quality, loads of grip and if I'm right they're only 30g heavier than the new Tryall caged pedals. Well worth it, the pins do a good job of staying in as well though if you do have to replace any the Bonz pins are even better!

You need Echo TRs, beleave me, you wont regret it.

Surly if you manage to rip pins out of platforms you bend the f**k out of cages them??

Looks like im going for TR platforms then.

& Yes, when it comes to cages im quite the bender.. :P

Edited by dirt jumper jake

I'm repping onza double cage pedals, aside from the fact they eat trainers and kill my shin guards.. They are good very grippy compared to my v8's i was using for a while. Don't think they are gonna last forever with the shit i give them, have bent the teeth a few times already but they are cheap enough to be disposable pedals :P