Most Overpriced Bike Ever?

isitafox

Please do it :D

I have, but I can't see him reporting me for it.

I wrote - Hi there, I was curious about whether you can fit a rear disc to the bike? I ask as I can not see any disc mounts on the frame in your pictures, but in the description you say it has IS mounts.

See what he says to that.

Send him a link to this topic!!

Already have done but yet he's being a dear with me! Must be my opening charm "Hiya mate" :P

I do feel like a bit of a bitch, but it's the fact that someone might end up paying full price and realise that they have been conned (maybe unintentionally by the looks of it) to the MAX. But as Jason says, it's up to the buyer what they wish to pay for it.

Edited by dann2707

Well I tried to help the guy out but... never mind lol

Who the f**k has offered him over £500!!!

It won't sell. I've put bikes on Ebay which are high spec, and they never seem to go past £500.

If he gets away with it then lucky him, but I'd feel sorry for the poor lad who falls for it.

Bet you he will sell this bike, but for around 500-550.

I have seen other bikes he has listed in the past and they do sell.

I had a flatland bike up on ebay with a pretty high price tag about £500, I wanted the money and was willing to wait. I kept getting messages saying 'you will never sell that bike for that much mate its only worth £250' and shit like that. Well I waited and it sold.

We should also take into account whilst slating this guys that trials riders are the tightest f**kers on the planet.

As others have said, good luck to him some goon will buy it.

From the sounds of things he doesn't ride trials, just builds random bikes for a hobby and then sells them on.

If he spent what he says he did (£600) then you would want to make profit which I guess is why he's selling for so much.

This is his second trials bike he had an onza rip which he rode then sold it.

I was being nosey on his feed back he brought a bmx frame for £35 built it up then sold for about £300.

He's got the right idea easy money at the right time of year but the t-rex is £300-£350 new with a V setup the rest of spec is identical but i dont understand how a set of HS11's cost £300

Truly, i'm amazed people are interested in this.

In short, something is being sold at a price a number of customers wouldn't pay, therefore will not pay....

I'm a bit lost as to where the excitement lies?

If by excitement you mean discussion, on a discussion board, then - well, I just answered your question.

I can see why you guys think the buyer deserves to get ripped off but i would feel sorry for some young lads parents whos been to a mad demo and now wants a trials bike. Parents dont know where to get him one for xmas so look on ebay. They read the spec and speel of this advert and shell out 750quid for it and get ripped off.

Dont forget not everyone knows about trials forum not everybody has heard of tartybikes

I can speak from experience that when you are first starting out you can fall into these kind of traps not just with bikes with everything.

• Like 4

I can see why you guys think the buyer deserves to get ripped off but i would feel sorry for some young lads parents whos been to a mad demo and now wants a trials bike. Parents dont know where to get him one for xmas so look on ebay. They read the spec and speel of this advert and shell out 750quid for it and get ripped off.

I can speak from experience that when you are first starting out you can fall into these kind of traps not just with bikes with everything.

I agree with this. i ended up buying a T-Pro and it looks good in the picture and i didnt know much about trials bikes at the time and i ended up losing £100 because quite a few of the threads were messed up and i was told that the most expensive part of my bike was the brake pads. the bike was useless but because i had to replace a couple of bits like the bottom bracket i couldnt get my money back for it.

I know its kinda my own fault for not having a better look at the bike but i didnt know much and there was an awful lot to learn considering i knew nothing about bikes before i started riding and i would hate for someone to be ripped off like i was.