Pedalling For Long Distances?

VAMPIRE V12

Hi guys :)

I am getting my new build in the next few days but i wanted to ask a question or two if you guys would give the time to read them?

I am wondering what would happen if i pedalled my ONZA ZOOT for a long distance my local riding spot is like 3 miles away and i don't mind the ride and i know trials bikes are not geared for this but i dont mind riding with my legs flailing about, will pedalling my ZOOT every day this distance wear anything out? Will it damage or wear out my rear hub or front free wheel? (I have came from a dirt jumping back ground and my dirt jump bike held up to the every day pedalling but i thought i should ask first before i do any damage)

Thanks guys :D

Vampy

Hi guys :)

I am getting my new build in the next few days but i wanted to ask a question or two if you guys would give the time to read them?

I am wondering what would happen if i pedalled my ONZA ZOOT for a long distance my local riding spot is like 3 miles away and i don't mind the ride and i know trials bikes are not geared for this but i dont mind riding with my legs flailing about, will pedalling my ZOOT every day this distance wear anything out? Will it damage or wear out my rear hub or front free wheel? (I have came from a dirt jumping back ground and my dirt jump bike held up to the every day pedalling but i thought i should ask first before i do any damage)

Thanks guys :D

Vampy

it wont damange anything or wear it out ..parts are made to spin for ever / be used, i used to ride 7 miles a day to school and back, and that did nothin to my bike! ..I dread to think how many miles i ride on my trials haha!

Your bikes gunna be fine dude (Y)

• Like 1

Nah, shouldn't cause any problems at all for you. I used to ride my GT set up for trials 7 miles to my nearest town (before I could drive!) to ride (and then back again of course!). The only thing to keep an eye on if you're going to be riding distance is things like pedals and cranks. If they come loose while pedalling you could trash the tapers/threads etc so if something doesn't feel right, stop and check it out. Otherwise you should be good.

tyres will wear out faster? I'd recommend pumping your tyres up hard to travel around, then letting them down to ride trials. Take advantage of the freewheeling and downhill! ;)

Yup.... mine used to wear out a lot quicker when i had to ride 3 miles to my nearest spot / train station to get anywhere else. On the plus side my front disc brake always seemed to work better than anybody elses.

yeah i went to discount uk and got my self a cheap bike pump for quid and i have a tyre pressure gauge so pumping up and finding correct pressure should not be a problem, are spare innertubes a good thing to carry around? Just like leave a spare one in my bag just incase?

Thanks guys :)

Vampy

i ride about with a puncture repair kit a roll of spanners a small cheap nasty pump an adjustable some cable ties a chain tool a gerber multi tool and some insulation tape :P i ride around with that in my bag most of the time and its fun when you try to manual hahah :D

Vampy :)

heyy guys :)

Got my zoot today and when i looked at the tartybikes warranty sheet it says do not use this bike for ''transportation Over 1mile'' I google earthed my route to my local riding spot and its 1.63miles but i will be riding there twice a day aswell as riding about doing streety moves at high speed so i am bound to rack up the distance quick but what i want to know is will it actually wear out if tarty say so them selves?

Pics will be coming tomorrow guys :)

Edited by VAMPIRE V12

heyy guys :)

Got my zoot today and when i looked at the tartybikes warranty sheet it says do not use this bike for ''transportation Over 1mile'' I google earthed my route to my local riding spot and its 1.63miles but i will be riding there twice a day aswell as riding about doing streety moves at high speed so i am bound to rack up the distance quick but what i want to know is will it actually wear out if tarty say so them selves?

Pics will be coming tomorrow guys :)

Bwahahahahahaha, that is awesome, trials is mad as f**k.