The Bronx Bike...

Canardweb

SO here is the story:

Koxx Boxx cracked in two places near the BB. No big deal as it had to happen and as I rode the shit out of it! Best frame I had so far though.

dsc_0021.jpg

So had to rebuild the Echo Pure 2011. And as I enjoyed TRA's idea of the "ghetto bike" he built after breaking his current frame, I used some of the numerous parts I had lying in the garage to build the "Bronx bike". For me it's a shit bike as I have been riding the Boxx which was such a good frame and as it has very poor quality parts such as Echo TR brakes, used tires, old Echo TR freewheel, and used rims. But it's still pretty decent for some people:

dsc_0023.jpg

And these are some photos I took tonight:

dsc_0022.jpg

Oh! Nice!

dsc_0024.jpg

Spec: Koxx Sky 2 with Koxx Forxx, Double HS33 with Rockpads in CNC backings, Try-All mod stem, Try-All Karbon bars, Double Try-All Hole No War rims, Echo SL freewheel, Wellgo pedals, Try-All lite cranks, Kenda Small Blogk eight front tire and Schwalbe Big betty rear tire. Better photos when it gets a grind tomorrow!

And here is my life in one photo...

dsc_0025.jpg

Edited by Canardweb

seriously what is it with the super tilted forward bars? Is your bike such a pogostick that it's worth making it ride like shit for everything except being on the rear wheel? do you actually ride the bike? I mean like roll across anything remotely bumpy or down slopes? I am pretty sure that will be holding you back rather than helping.

• Like 5

seriously what is it with the super tilted forward bars? Is your bike such a pogostick that it's worth making it ride like shit for everything except being on the rear wheel? do you actually ride the bike? I mean like roll across anything remotely bumpy or down slopes? I am pretty sure that will be holding you back rather than helping.

Bit of an OTT comment there Ali?! Personal preference clearly...

Last bike id call Ghetto....considerably nicer than my main bike <_< Sky looks naice though, shame to hear about the boxx.

it's just something that really emphasizes what I dislike about modern trials bikes. to me trials is about challenging yourself to ride your bike over whatever is put in front of you be that rocks, walls, logs, ramps, muddy slopes or whatever. Having your bars basically makes the bike only good on the rear wheel, it has almost effectively stopped it from being a bike at all. It's not like modern bikes are even bad on the back wheel anyway.

I am yet to see someone have a nice style whilst having their bars tilted forwards too, it usually makes them ride "elbows out" which stiffens up the upper body and "usually" makes the riding sketchy. Having the bars at a normal angle usually ends up with the rider in a more natural position, more flexible on the bike, have a nicer style and allows them to actually ride the bike (Japanese weird ramp sections anyone?)

so yeah, it's just something I hate and won't stop calling people out for it until they realise bars are that shape for a reason.

• Like 2

Thats a nice bike, BUT, there is nothing Bronx or Ghetto about it, all those parts are actualy realy good! making out that some of these parts are used etc being a bad thing makes you seem like a real snob! I guess it is not completely your fault, TRA's ghetto bike didn't exactly look like the sort of bike I (and potentialy alot of other people) would consider a ghetto bike! When I saw he built a 'ghetto' bike I was hoping to see him on something like a zebidi or an old Echo ES4R or something, not an 09 control (I think thats what it was, I could be wrong....)

Also, Ali may have worded it abit harshly, but deffinately try rolling your bars back, it makes the bike feel a whole world better!!

Adam

Woah you lucky (ima say lucky because i dont know what else to say, i know you work) Mother f**ker!!

Luck has nothing to do with it. He has a job, he's worked, and he's spent it on bikes.

Compared to rent, gas, electric, internet, phone bills etc, trials bikes cost f**k all.

For me it's a shit bike as I have been riding the Boxx which was such a good frame and as it has very poor quality parts such as Echo TR brakes, used tires, old Echo TR freewheel, and used rims. But it's still pretty decent for some people:

this makes you sound like possibly the biggest bellend on earth im afraid !