Fork Disc Mounts?

Carlperkins

ok so ive just run a hope mono trial front brake through the steerer tube, everythings fine it just needs a little re-bleed.

the only problem in having is that when i nip up the bolts that hold the caliper to the forks.. the caliper gets pulled on an angle and the rotor doesent run straight between the pads, so it seems like i have a bent disc mount. but the forks are pretty new and have never taken a bang..

anyone know how to sort this??

i can get pics tomorrow.

You need to get the disc mounts faced. Tools are unfortunately quite expensive (Hope ~£50, Park ~£150) so you might need to track down someone local with one or pay to have it done.

Tool looks something like this:

720106_01.jpg

I've got a Park one in the garage which is used once in a blue moon but it's a very useful bit of kit to have when you actually need it!

Edit: Actually that one above is more complex than any I've seen before as it has a little gearbox and two cutters so both holes are faced at the same time. Can't have been cheap!