Powdercoat Vs Spray

chris4stars

Yeah the old Ellsworth frames were Anodized. Majority of the components on your bike would be anodized so you can see how it will last. Powder coat will ultimately last longer!

Onza T-Pro's were also anodized weren't they? Very different type of finish but arguably better long term-wise than powder coat as it's not 'just' a surface coating (weighs less too :P). Saying that I'd never bother with anodizing and would only ever rattle can my frame or, if I were feelin' posh, like, get it powder coated.

haha thanks! im well chuffed when people whos vids i watch see mine :P cheers

on all of this, i'll definately be going for it...have even asked inspired rather sheepishly after that if i could get their pdf for the graphic to have the skye stickers custom made - fingers crossed!

there is something nice about an anodized finish...the 'hope team green' being the closest to what i was after, the only time i'll ever have that hope green on the bike so it was a temptation

hopefully the next post by me on this bike will be in the pictures section with me being on top of the world with my new dream bike :) all the best guys