Simoncelli - R.i.p.

G_!

He was a good friend of Rossi too so you can imagine how he feels right now.

Rip.

I hope Rossi and Edwards can come to terms with what happened, I'm sure it will be extremely hard for them.

Here's hoping for no more deaths in motorsport this year, or indeed forever if it were possible.

CasualJoe, it's not often I judge someone based purely on an impression I've gained from the internet, but I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty, that you sir, are an ass-hole. Shut the hell up and think about what you're saying for 30 seconds. If you lost a loved one how the hell would you feel? you sure as shit wouldn't be thinking 'ah well, they knew the risks' then making jokes about their friend inadvertently causing their death. No one's saying he didn't know the risks, but it doesn't stop it being a tragedy, so kindly, shut up.

RIP Simoncelli. I didn't follow the sport, but it sounds like a great loss to the series, and motorsport in general. I guess there's slight comfort in knowing he went out doing something he loved, and it looked like he enjoyed his life while it was there.

Ive only watched Moto GP a little this year, i watched some of them at the start of the season. I really started to like Marco for his riding style, challenging the front runners right from the start, he was a bit to aggressive at times but that brought excitement in. What a massive loss, he will never be forgotten. RIP

Ive only watched Moto GP a little this year, i watched some of them at the start of the season. I really started to like Marco for his riding style, challenging the front runners right from the start, he was a bit to aggressive at times but that brought excitement in. What a massive loss, he will never be forgotten. RIP

You could compare his season with that of Lewis Hamilton's, but he was so much more of a happy, fun loving guy he always added something to the mix. He'd reigned it back in a little towards the latter part of the season and was really looking good (third last weekend in Oz). A real loss of a rider just coming into his prime.

I hope that Edwards and Rossi can move on from the accident they wern't at all to blame, when you put a bike into a corner that fast theres very little you can do mid corner, you could see Rossi made an effort to tip more right, but he's pretty much already at full hoon that corner.

Great rider will be missed, always a happy chap, RIP, condolences to friends and family xXx

Has there been any statement from Rossi?

Simoncelli for me was like a youngest brother.

So strong on track and so sweet in the normal life. I will miss him a lot.

As Steve Parrish has said, I wonder if Rossi will consider taking this opportunity to retire... Colin Edwards as well for that matter.