Cap's New Hub...

Mark W

Holy smokes guys, i've done some calculations and there's no way this piece is ever going to work.

I'm an engineer and to my calculations, using this hub will definitely get you labotomized.

Next time make sure you calculate your calculations in order to get a good calculation.

What it looks is incredible. I can't see why it would snap/crack/bend really... It has no driving forces through it, it has no direct braking forces on it. As long as the flanges hold up it'll be cool, and why wouldn't they?

Nicely done Cap (Y)

yeah exactly, i mean the axle is the same size as any other front hub and iv seen others with smaller flanges than that, and the centre piece has no real forces on it anyway so i dont see why it wouldnt work, by the way cap mate i think you'v got your splitter pipe routed wrong :P

cap mate i think you'v got your splitter pipe routed wrong :P

I think you will find that I have done it correctly for a front brake so that the hose actually clears the frame and I can turn my bars :D

Cheers for the comments guys!

Very impressive weight and looks nice as well. I though not having a sleeve would cause a problem as the two flanges can turn independandtly, I thought it might make the spokes flex more is this not an issue?I assume you have to run a radial spoke laceing?

Very impressive weight and looks nice as well. I though not having a sleeve would cause a problem as the two flanges can turn independandtly, I thought it might make the spokes flex more is this not an issue?I assume you have to run a radial spoke laceing?

It has not caused an issue as of yet, can lace the wheel 3x if wanted but I like radial front ;) (plus i already had the spokes for a radial build)

Holy smokes guys, i've done some calculations and there's no way this piece is ever going to work.

I'm an engineer and to my calculations, using this hub will definitely get you labotomized.

Next time make sure you calculate your calculations in order to get a good calculation.

Hilarious. 'nuff said.