Emotional Attatchments

isitafox

I was just thinking to myself about travelling abroad with your bike and if you were pro wether you'd just get another bike of the same spec sent first to be awaiting your arrival.

If this was the case would it still feel the same or would you notice the difference as it isn't really your bike?

Also does anyone feel an emotional attatchment to a current or previous bike or part that they can't or wish they hadn't parted with?

I really enjoy my Because and keep questioning wether or not to try something a bit different in the new year or if I'll regret it, I'm still not even 100% happy with the spec yet either so it's a really hard thing to decide!

f**k emotional, I'm more worried about my sexual attachment to my bike.

In seriousness though, I was immensely attached to the ES4 I had. Now that that's snapped and I've had the Marino a while I can say I don't think I'm emotionally attached to that in any way - I'm just waiting for each bit to break so I can replace it. That said, I'm attached to the way it looks (lust?) so I'll definitely keep that going on any bikes I've got in the near future.

The one part I regret selling is my King hub.

My biggest problem when it comes to my bike, is that I'm never 100% happy with it which means I spend way too much.

If you're happy with the Because, stick with it. I'm sure you can remember the days of riding trials on huge frames and using suspension? Imagine trying to ride one of those again!

I'm sure you can remember the days of riding trials on huge frames and using suspension? Imagine trying to ride one of those again!

Ryan Leech doesn't have to 'remember' it :P

I've missed a few of the frames I had in past. My last red Fourplay was one of them, I loved that colour and just had a lot of good times riding that bike so I think it was the memories that made it of sentimental value to me. I told myself I wasn't going to sell it or anything, but my brother expressed an interest in getting into riding a 24, so I built a bike up around it for him and shipped it off to NZ. I'm glad it's legacy continues :)

• Like 1

I'm very attached to my 609. We have a pretty long romantic back story and I cans till remember the first time I rode it and told the dude I had to have it if ever he sold it. 2 years later, got the call...

It's my friend, i'd definitely struggle to replace it.

regret swapping my first decent bike, beautifully specced 06 python, probably the only mod i could ride.. i've got a pro2 front hub i don't plan on getting rid of, cause i've had it years, other than that, no care..

I'm with you on the 06 python dude, loved mine and now gutted I no longer have it!

regret swapping my first decent bike, beautifully specced 06 python, probably the only mod i could ride.. i've got a pro2 front hub i don't plan on getting rid of, cause i've had it years, other than that, no care..

You lie, your poor simtra i love that still broken in my shed

About 8-10 years ago I ripped right through the chainstay of my Pashley 26MHz ('Pashley what..?' the young'ns might be thinking) after 3 1/2 years of use. The frame is still in my parents loft in Essex somewhere and when they leave this world it will be framed and preserved forever on my wall. Now that is attachment. As for any other bike I've ever had, nothing!

Oli