Suspension Forks

Matt Vandart

Just sayin' dude, there's a reason we use rigids. The novelty of Sam's Fourplay with a soft front end wore off pretty quickly. What's your plan for something 'more versatile' then? If taking an interest in what you're doing is allowed in here, anyway.

@ Skoze- Just want a bike that is more for mountain biking that is 'alright for a bit of trials' rather than an all out trials machine.

Sorry dude if I seemed a bit short but a few people have really pissed me off on here recently and I am not interested in them becoming involved in a pointless argument about whether to use susp forks for trials.

Its a Zebdi by the way not a koxx/monty onza shizzle..

Edited by Matt Vandart

That's fair enough. Wasn't expecting it to be anything "proper" trials-y.

As said, just keep the travel short with some lock-out on it and try and get something light. I can imagine you'd be riding it with the travel right down onw hatever you get or it's just gonna be so weird to ride. Stick some gears on the back and something larger up front and it should be possible, I rode pretty basic trials on my Saracen X-Cell for a while. It worked alright I guess.

Thought about a fairly low-slung hardtail with some decent brakes?

Yeah, old XC forks like Rockshox s i d s or something? You're not gonna be doing any gaps to front and I doubt you'll be throwing it at any substantial downhills runs?

Edit; f**k you, swear filter.

Edited by Skoze

If you you remember back to when Ashton collaborated with Orange he rode a suspension fork on his License 24'' bike. What he had done is, got a 100mm Reba fork and got TF tuning to put in a rubber washer in to stiffen the compression up(I think they may have modified the dampner slightly to). This is pretty much the same thing Ryan Leech gets done to his forks, expect from what I can gather Leech uses a dual air Fork to get more adjustment, and to save on weight.

wow an old zebdy with 80mm suspension fork... nostalgia.

dont use sidehop.(its soft and weak)dont use manitou old elite fork!(mine was rabbish)

i think an old secend hand marzocchi (1500g) or fox air (1400g) are the best option,

look for lenoski giant.and leech norco bike from well...2005 till now..

post-12858-0-45385500-1315769752_thumb.j

post-12858-0-25132300-1315769800_thumb.j

Edited by alanczik