Freewheel Recomendations?

0zzy

going to buy a freewheel off tartybikes monday morning, but wondering what to buy as i killed a tensile freewheel in a handful of rides where it exploded and sent me over the bars after f**k all use. and i am not overally impressed with the build quality on the rockman as mine seemed to skip near enough from day one.. any recomendations on what to buy as ideally i would be after the sl but they are not due for restocking for about 3-4 weeks when i rang tarty friday :(

Most definitely the Echo SL, even if it is going to be a long wait. Easily the best freewheel I have ever used. I agree with you on the Rockman, mine had a stiff point which caused it to skip, and because the Rockmans are welded you can't open them up to see inside. (which is just stupid)

Same here. They're nicely made and the spare parts are cool, but the engagement is nowhere near as good as an SL, not to mention the lack of maintenance required with SLs compared to an Eno...

Regarding the Tensile freewheel - they've usually got quite a bit of grease in as new, so unless you remove that or thin it out a bit, chances are it'll skip if you go out riding on it straight away. Skipping kills pawls, so the more it skips the worse any potential problem's going to be. Same with any freewheel though - it's always worth 'going easy' at first just to let it bed in a bit before ragging it.

They did not renamed them,because they did not want to confuse guys like you.

We didn't rename it because there was no point. It confused things needlessly, and there wasn't any benefit for anyone by doing it.

• Like 1

Same here. They're nicely made and the spare parts are cool, but the engagement is nowhere near as good as an SL, not to mention the lack of maintenance required with SLs compared to an Eno...

Regarding the Tensile freewheel - they've usually got quite a bit of grease in as new, so unless you remove that or thin it out a bit, chances are it'll skip if you go out riding on it straight away. Skipping kills pawls, so the more it skips the worse any potential problem's going to be. Same with any freewheel though - it's always worth 'going easy' at first just to let it bed in a bit before ragging it.

We didn't rename it because there was no point. It confused things needlessly, and there wasn't any benefit for anyone by doing it.

thing is though, it didnt skip it just exploded no warning no nothing...