Going To Front

TrialsIsHard

Magura or Disk?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is easier to go to front with?

The easiest one is obviously the disc brake: no need to grind the rim, keep pads parallel and so on. Any way, I prefer the astonishing bite a front rim brake has, which is no way comparable to a little-bit-more progressive disc brake.

The easiest one is obviously the disc brake: no need to grind the rim, keep pads parallel and so on. Any way, I prefer the astonishing bite a front rim brake has, which is no way comparable to a little-bit-more progressive disc brake.

^^^ Completely right

But, the Disk has more modulation which makes it smoother.

Edited by OnzaKid

grinding a rim has nothing to do with going to front. the grinding of the rim is maintanence and personal preference.

you can gap to front brakeless,using a smooth rim,ground rim or disc.

The most important thing is commitment. regardless of what brakes you use,if you dont commit or man up you simply will not make you up to front.

How did you come to the conclusion that a maggy would have more hold & bite than a disk? With a maggy there is all the work as mention by Zoo!Man such as rim grinds. These are not needed with a disk, and the disc feels nicer on the front, in my opinion. And disks work much better in the wet than a maggy.

I guess it's personal preferance between the 2. If both set up properly they can both be amazing, the pros of the disk which are cons of the maggys are not having to grind, works in wet and doesn't make a loud squeek that attracts attention when you brake haha.

Edited by Kieran Morrison

in my opinion. And disks work much better in the wet than a maggy.

You would be right, but I've found my vee works in pretty much any weather a hell of alot better than a disk ever has for me, very different from a mag, more hold too!

I completely agree with Le above, on a mod a disc feels fine, but on a stock It does seem to take a while for the spokes to take up the strain so you get a little delay.

Well it does have longer spokes, which mean the rotated kinetic energy has to go further up the spoke before it reaches the tyre. Only by milliseconds though...