Inspired Fourplay 2010

ezgonzo

Hi all,

Finally got my new bike up and running, it's been a long old month and a bit but it was well worth it in the end, the bike feels so balanced and smooth, and just feels so much more comfortable to ride than my zhi z3 was.

I could bable on all day about it but i won't bore you so on with the specs:

FRAME - INSPIRED FOURPLAY 2010.

FORKS - NEON CURVED BLADE 2010 FORKS.

HEADSET - HOPE HEADSET.

STEM - TRIALTECH SPORT FORGED HIGH RISE- ( 110MM - 25 DEG ).

GRIPS - TRIALTECH FOAM GRIPS.

HANDLEBARS - TRIALTECH HIGH RISE

SEAT CLAMP - ECHO.

SEAT POST - INSPIRED PIVOTAL.

SEAT - LEAF KEVLAR PIVOTAL.

BB - ECHO TR.

CRANKS - MIDDLEBURN ISIS ( 170MM ).

BASHRING - MIDDLEBURN PRO + 22T INNER CHAINRING.

PEDALS - INSPIRED PLATFORM.

TENSIONER - ROHLOFF.

FRONT BRAKE - TECH TRIAL + 180MM ROTOR.

REAR BRAKE - ECHO TR / HEATSINK CNC YELLOWS / TNN CLAMPS / TRIALTECH 4 BOLT BOOSTER

FRONT WHEEL - HOPE PRO 2 / DT SWISS SPOKES / SPANK STIFFY AL40 RIM.

REAR WHEEL - CHRIS KING CLASSIC WITH FUN BOLTS + HEAVY DUTY AXLE + STEEL DRIVESHELL / TRIALTECH 14T / DT SWISS SPOKES / SPANK STIFFY AL40 RIM.

CHAIN - TRIALTECH

TYRES - 2.4" HOLY ROLLERS.

the pics are'nt that great to be honest as they where taken with my phone so apoligies for that,

DSC_0976.jpg

It's not quite 100% finished yet, going to replace the handle bars and possibly the stem along with the seat @ some point, also i'm in need of a new qr for the front, but it rides great so there's no great rush @ the mo,

if anyones got any suggestions regarding stem and bar choice i'd be extremely greatfull for any imput.

thanks

ez.

UPDATE 04/09/2011

I've made a few changes in the last couple of weeks too fine tune the feel of the bike as it just did'nt quite feel right, the upgrades are as follow's :

TRIALTECH HIGH RISE BARS

TNN MAGGY CLAMPS

TRIALTECH 4 BOLT BOOSTER

TRIALTECH Z610 HX, 3/32'' CHAIN

SEASON "KEVLAR LEAF" PIVOTAL SEAT

I also grinded the rear rim, even though the yellows are not too bad on a smooth rim i was still getting a few slips every now and again, one of the slips resulted in my neck being fecked for a week after flipping out landing too rear, not my finest moment but it gave my m8's a laugh :D .

a few pics of how she looks now.

DSC_1051.jpg

hope you enjoyed the pics, and a big thanks goes out to tarty bikes and all the forum members that i purchased items from, the items and service was top notch from everyone,

ez.

UPDATE 12/11/2011

Another update and hopefully the last :), its' now about 99% finished just need to work on stem height and bar angle to find the perfect position, some black headset spacer's will be the last part's to get as i'm not to keen on the silver one's, but there not essential @ the mo, getting out and getting some proper riding time in is what's needed,

the latest upgrades where:

INSPIRED ELEMENT FORKS.

CHRIS KING HEADSET.

HOPE CNC 2011 STEM (70 X 25 ).

TRIALTECH SL TITANIUM TOP CAP.

HOPE GRIP DOCTOR BAR ENDS.

NEW MONO TRIAL CALIPER, AND HOPE TECH TRIAL PRO PADS.

ROCKMAN 180MM ROTOR.

2011 MAGURA HS33 REAR BRAKE, AND TRIALTECH HOSE SPLITTER.

MIDDLEBURN SUPER PRO 18T BASHRING.

CHRISKING 12T SPROCKET.

TRIALTECH CARBON DRIVESHELL SPACERS.

HOPE CNC 09 FRONT QR.

HOPE QR SEAT CLAMP.

DSC_1103.jpg

DSC_1105.jpg

DSC_1107.jpg

DSC_1108.jpg

DSC_1110.jpg

DSC_1111.jpg

DSC_1112.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE PICS, FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT GOOD OR BAD,

EZ.

Edited by ezgonzo

With that steering tube length 110mm x 30º stem would be equal as a 90mm x 10º hope stem with 4cm of spacers. On the old inspired due to the high BB is a must having a high front end. As for the bar you can either go for the trialtech high rise which in my opinion has to much up sweep for my wrists on high psi tyre impacts, or the inspired bar which has a bit less up sweep and back sweep which is more comfortable for you're wrists. I tried the gee atherton pro high rise bars too and they feel great, they have a geo closer to a MTB geo like easton monkey lite. I would go for the inspired bar as it has good strength and the mix is spot on for trials/street stuff.

With that steering tube length 110mm x 30º stem would be equal as a 90mm x 10º hope stem with 4cm of spacers. On the old inspired due to the high BB is a must having a high front end. As for the bar you can either go for the trialtech high rise which in my opinion has to much up sweep for my wrists on high psi tyre impacts, or the inspired bar which has a bit less up sweep and back sweep which is more comfortable for you're wrists. I tried the gee atherton pro high rise bars too and they feel great, they have a geo closer to a MTB geo like easton monkey lite. I would go for the inspired bar as it has good strength and the mix is spot on for trials/street stuff.

cheers for the input (Y), it feels great to ride and the front end is pretty spot on height wise, i'm just not 100% comfy with the bars, they sweep back a bit to far for my liking, i was actually looking @ getting the inspired risers like you mentioned, whats the back sweep like on them?.

cheers again for the advice.

Wow where did you get those holy rollers with the big maxxis logo? Very nice looking bike.

thanks much appreciated :) .

the holy rollers i bought from tarty's.

Wow where did you get those holy rollers with the big maxxis logo? Very nice looking bike.

Think it must be a design change (if you can call it that? it's pretty minimal :P ) as Joel's new Massey Ferguson number has it huge like that too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE (12/11/2011)

i've made a few upgrades and improvements over the last couple of months, so as today was technically the first proper ride on her finished, i stopped to grab a few pics,

i've added the pics to the bottom of the first post, ( Link to first post ).

Hope you enjoy, and all comments good and bad are welcome.

ez.

thanks stuie :P , you forgot to add that i ride it like the stuff that comes out of your dogs backside aswell, but i know your a tgs whore @ heart so i will let you off :D ,

cheers for all the comments pep's much appreciated (Y), i will be swapping the spacer's out @ some point for either black or carbon ones, i'm swaying more towards some black hope one's though but we will see.

i have to agree luke that the angle of the bar's do look somewhat weird in the pic's to be honest, it's something i'm still in the process of working out, i want it to be somewhat controllable on the rear wheel for side hops and gaps without compromising bunnyhops, manual's and such, it does feel rather comfy though and today was probably the first time in a long time that my wrists did'nt ache after a ride but i will have a play with the bar position while out riding tomorrow.

ez.

i want it to be somewhat controllable on the rear wheel for side hops and gaps without compromising bunnyhops, manual's and such, it does feel rather comfy though and today was probably the first time in a long time that my wrists did'nt ache after a ride but i will have a play with the bar position while out riding tomorrow.

on my setup (90x10 stem with 4cm of stackers, same bar)

i found that the best compromise was with them at this angle:

tilt the bars so that looking at it side on - the upsweep (the angle from the bend to the bar ends?! - anyway, whatever its called) was inline/parallel with the line of the forks, then tilt it back further ever so slightly...maybe 10degrees or so

even without it tilted back further that 10 degrees its a good place to start :)