Wobbly Bottom Bracket Spacer?

bikeperson45

Wouldn't that still cause it to bend but just in a different postition? Sorry if I'm not getting you :P

no the chainring attaches to the bashguard that attaches to the crank arm via a lockring, if the lockring is loose the basgaurd will move from side-to-side causing the wobble. if you can move the bashgaurd from side-to-side on the arm then tightening up the lockring will stop this and, therefore, the wobble. :rolleyes:

no the chainring attaches to the bashguard that attaches to the crank arm via a lockring, if the lockring is loose the basgaurd will move from side-to-side causing the wobble. if you can move the bashgaurd from side-to-side on the arm then tightening up the lockring will stop this and, therefore, the wobble. :rolleyes:

Oh ok I get you, problem is that doesn't seem to work either. I've had that problem in the past where the bashring becomes loose causing it to be loose, but in this case the bashring is solid and everything's tight it's just the bashring itself seems to be bent.

Could it be that the bash ring is just bent and I need a new one? Don't see what else it could be...

Thanks again

Went down to my LBS and they think it's just the bent bash and that I should get a new one. Before I order one any last words of wisdom?

Put the bashring on something flat to see if it's bent ;) I'd be inclined to say it's the bash though, everything else looked fine in that video.

Put a string through the old bash. Voila! One medal :giggle:

That would have been nice to have done, but doesn't look like I'll be needing that medal afterall.

I had another look and have now realised that I didn't look at the spacer between the bash and the bottom bracket, it's bent. On the non-drive side the bottom bracket bit where the left crank goes look straight. It's the spacer that seems to have gone at a weird angle and I can't get it off. Any ideas?

Really need this fixed before Radfest, or I may become severly depressed. Thanks for all of your help so far, including how to make a medal for myself :P

That would have been nice to have done, but doesn't look like I'll be needing that medal afterall.

I had another look and have now realised that I didn't look at the spacer between the bash and the bottom bracket, it's bent. On the non-drive side the bottom bracket bit where the left crank goes look straight. It's the spacer that seems to have gone at a weird angle and I can't get it off. Any ideas?

Really need this fixed before Radfest, or I may become severly depressed. Thanks for all of your help so far, including how to make a medal for myself :P

This makes me moist, haven't seen you since you f**ked your elbow underneath magistrates ages ago.

This makes me moist, haven't seen you since you f**ked your elbow underneath magistrates ages ago.

Knwoing my luck if I manage to fix this that'll happen again :P But yea I'm really looking forward to seeing some trials riders for once.

Anyways, I've removed the BB and found the the big bit in the middle that says Trialtech on it is wobbly that shouldn't be. What does this mean?

Also how do I get the spacers off to look? They're on there pretty tight...Also the highlighted one is the one that's bent.

Thanks

post-17706-0-64234800-1311095117_thumb.j