What The Deuce Has Happened To 36 Hole Stock Trials Rims?

Andeee

Currently running a hope pro2 on a try-all which is a 36 hole set up.

My current rim is in the process of nearly dying/to explode.

Just been browsing on tartybikes to look at rims to find every single 26" rim they do is 32 hole.

What happend there then?

I thought the logic for trials rim set ups was

front: 28-32h for lightness

rear: 36h for strength and support

At the moment i cant really afford to buy new everything i could only just afford a new rim.

Can anyone reccomend any other retailers that do 36h trials rims preferably try-all or echo or any trials specific brand. I did think about maybe getting a few second hand ones on here just to stock and do me til i can afford a full wheel.

Thanks Andy

Edited by Andeee
  • Like 2

If they made them, we'd stock them. Most manufacturers just make 32h rear hubs now so for almost all of them there's not really much point doing a 36h option. Try-All do their Reinforced Drilled rim in 36h I suppose...

If they made them, we'd stock them. Most manufacturers just make 32h rear hubs now so for almost all of them there's not really much point doing a 36h option. Try-All do their Reinforced Drilled rim in 36h I suppose...

Can this be done as a special order through you? As i noticed the 36h is not listed.

i noticed this but for the 26" free hubs on select bikes but them hubs were alot cheaper than tarty.

it will work out cheaper for me just to buy a free hub off tartybikes and get a 36h one rather than getting new rims and then because it will be over £100 il get a tartybikes T-shirt so i can be a cool kid ;)

Edited by BurlyBox