Google Plus Invites?

JT!

its googles attempt to reinvent the social networking wheel, i can see it may well work.

given that google music seems pretty shit h*t and it will most likely intertwine with that on full release, given the fact that every man and his dog uses chrome(think how when you go to hotmail.com your msn comes up in the bottom corner, imagine having your social networking ticking over in the bottom corner of every website)

add to this that supposedly by the end of next (???? possibly this, now)android is set to have a 40% market share in smartphones, google could(but wont) just take facebook/twitter apps off the marketplace(aka the apple way of locking shizzle down), making sure it all integrates seamlessly with android (ill be honest, my gmail contacts/phonebook/facebook contacts do it fairly well as it is now) and theyll be onto a winner.

EDIT: totally forgot the point of my post, from what i can tell the invite only beta is now closed, they had too many people take it up, so if you aint got it now, you aint getting it till official release day(which i guess proves how quickly it may well catch on, given that if myspace now released a new life changing update, many people would go mywho??)

Edited by Fish-Finger-er

Facebook needs a bit of competition to kick them up the arse. They're super powerful but don't seem to be really doing anything 'front of the line'. Why can't I got on facebook and webcam chat with two of my friends, for a website that powerful, it should be something that's just there.

It's been a 'coming soon' feature of plus for months ;)

I didn't actually know about this at all.

But, really, google's coming out with this kind of thing, so facebook gets kicked up the arse because they have to compete. Which is fair enough, but why don't they produce this stuff earlier? Why do they have to wait for a competitor? This is why google+ is a good thing, it's already made facebook better.

:P

Slut. :P

I don't even care, I love new media. I just signed a contract with someone to have exclusivity with me in their sector as soon as monetising Google+ is a possibility. Not bad for something that isn't even public yet, and has no defined business platform.

Edited by JDâ„¢

Right haven't posted in a while - but Facebook has been f**king me off recently

Where it did better than other websites that myspace beebo etc was it was simple, the pages were clean and the chat used to work well. Now it keeps updating and changing the way it looks and generally being a pain in the ass to use, end up chatting through messaging now more than chat because it keeps f**king up and when it does f**k up it sends the messages to my inbox anyway.

People talk about Facebook being "too big to fail" in my eyes its almost the opposite.

Anyone who has watched the social networking site, Facebook was born around the "exclusive" feel because only certain people were allowed to join now anyone can and I've really fell out of love with it.

The fact that my Aunts, Uncles, Mum, distant cousins, old wankers from school, random trials riders, ugly people etc. are trying to add me..... thats just plain uncool.

You need google plus :P

Yea.... like on posting up some holiday pictures and from a house party, me windmilling and me in a thong for the whole night.... I don't want old people in my friends to be seeing that shit.