Inspired, Nipped And Tucked.

Mark W

Thanks dude, the clip you put up on FB was cool too. We need to get a ride sorted out ASAP!

Liking the harder gear ratio though. I ran 23:17 for about 9 months or so then recently swapped it to 23:16, then 23:15, then 23:16 again before settling on 22:15. It means I get to run my frame without tensioner, and just generally feels good. Enough power to do pedal-ups and gaps, but it doesn't spin out too soon so you can't get any speed for stuff. Seems like a nice compromise. This is all with 175mm cranks, so I guess if you've got some more stumpy cranks on there you might be better off with something a little lighter.

Cheers dude, yes we do need to sort out a ride. Sweet I have a 14T cog in the toolbox will put that on a give it a try.

Looks really fresh, Mark!

I'm probably pretty far behind here, but I thought you always had Echo TR pedals on! Do you prefer the feel of Inspireds now?

Sweet clips too ;), I haven't actually ridden a 24" set up like yours but do you find you can do pretty much everything you could do on your BMX (street-wise)? Seems so! Looking forward to the next full length vid (Y)

Think this may be one of the nicest and cleanest looking Inspired's I've set my eyes on. What rims are you running? And what hub have you got up front? It must have taken a lot of tinkering to modify it.

It already had an axle system like that, but took a random type of bolt that kinda sucked. Ads just re-made an axle for me on his lathe so I could use Pro 2 bolts - pretty straightforward!

love the bike and the riding! (and woah about the weight !)

how's that tension through filing done? do you fill the extra room with anything? is this also how sean watson gets his tension?

You just file the dropout slot so it's elongated forwards, and that's all you really need to do.

Looks really fresh, Mark!

I'm probably pretty far behind here, but I thought you always had Echo TR pedals on! Do you prefer the feel of Inspireds now?

Sweet clips too ;), I haven't actually ridden a 24" set up like yours but do you find you can do pretty much everything you could do on your BMX (street-wise)? Seems so! Looking forward to the next full length vid (Y)

I'd put my 2011 TRs on my Sky, and I was running my old TRs on my 24. I sort of tanked them a fair bit and they were getting a little bit worn, so I just replaced them with some of the new Inspireds. All good! Don't really know when there'll be a full length vid, I'm sort of just filming everyone else for random videos here and there, so these were just random clips that got filmed by someone else in between me filming them.

BMXs feel a little easier for nose manuals and that sort of move just because they're that much smaller, but they're still good for pretty much everything. Especially after riding with Sean recently, G-turns and nose manuals are definitely do-able on them, I just need to get some balls ;) For everything else I've found the Inspired works well. Learnt some BMX moves on my Inspired I couldn't do on my BMX...