Any One In In The Raf On Here?

Southend Trials

Firstly, Looking to apply to the RAF in the next couple of months, perhaps regiment? all your opinions and views count hugely (:

What Job do you currently do in the RAF?

How long did it take you to get into the RAF from the moment you walked into the carreer office?

Can you take your driving test in the RAF?

Firstly, Looking to apply to the RAF in the next couple of months, perhaps regiment? all your opinions and views count hugely (:

What Job do you currently do in the RAF?

How long did it take you to get into the RAF from the moment you walked into the carreer office?

Can you take your driving test in the RAF?

I joined the RAF Regiment. Took about 4 months to join, you have to to a PGAC test which is a week at RAF Honington. Fitness tests etc.

And you'll do your driving test while you are there.

And don't cut your hair too short, you'll be doing dress parade.

Edited by Luke Dunstan

I joined the RAF Regiment. Took about 4 months to join, you have to to a PGAC test which is a week at RAF Honington. Fitness tests etc.

And you'll do your driving test while you are there.

And don't cut your hair too short, you'll be doing dress parade.

How comes you left? if i read that right?

How comes you left? if i read that right?

The RAF wasn't for me, I was gutted because I thought that was my life sorted. Now I've ended up working in a shop at the age of 24 earning £13k per year.

You'l have the time of your life, but if your joining for combat experience then join the army. The RAF Regiment mainly look after airfields, a bit like security guards.

Heard a story once that a Corporal who suspected Taliban of being in a certain house chucked a phosphorous grenade in to clear the room, and it was just a family. Rumors though, but I can imagine if someone had joined for combat and seeing none in a six month tour they's be pretty trigger happy.

The food is awesome, fry up every morning. It's the PT staff that really give you the shouts, and don't fall asleep in lessons or the whole flight end up humping it for miles.

Feel free to ask more questions mate.

Feel free to ask more questions mate.

Im not atool trigger happy! so im not too bothered about that fact, im mainly looking to join to better myself, travel the world, meet new people learn field craft (sometihng i really want to do is travel across the desert..) just seems pefect for me, but i suppose it felt like that for you.. what did you find your colleagues to be like?

Im not atool trigger happy! so im not too bothered about that fact, im mainly looking to join to better myself, travel the world, meet new people learn field craft (sometihng i really want to do is travel across the desert..) just seems pefect for me, but i suppose it felt like that for you.. what did you find your colleagues to be like?

Everyone who was joining was great. The dick heads are singled out in the PGAC.

Hahah, I didn't mean the whole of the Regiment is trigger happy, just I can imagine come people COULD be.

Basic is shit, just months of beastings and never doing anything right. Even if you do it perfect your still told it's wrong and your shit

It's to weed out the weak who can't handle it, half my troop daor letter and left, self determination will go along way

From going to careers office don't expect to be a fighting legend for over a year (long wait for basic)

I only assume it's same with RAF, have nothing to do with

that lot and don't want to. If you want field craft though join the army and don't be security for empty hangers

Yeah, im not overly patriotic to join a public sector that could risk my life being ended and put pain onto my family.

And yeah, Luke yeah thats exactly it, i was wandering if it was a case of 99% of the regiment are up their own asses, but thats cool that was one of the main things that was making me think twice.

Can you take your whole driving licence in it, as in, lessons and take your test? :)

Yeah, im not overly patriotic to join a public sector that could risk my life being ended and put pain onto my family.

And yeah, Luke yeah thats exactly it, i was wandering if it was a case of 99% of the regiment are up their own asses, but thats cool that was one of the main things that was making me think twice.

Can you take your whole driving licence in it, as in, lessons and take your test? :)

Regiment are animals, and i know because my dads ex regiment. <_< Yeah you can do your driving tests and what not. But bare in mind, just because afghanistan/iraq are in the news recently doesnt mean you will end up there, you could end up stuck in the falklands for 6 months...

Edited by dirt jumper jake

Regiment are animals, and i know because my dads ex regiment. <_< Yeah you can do your driving tests and what not. But bare in mind, just because afghanistan/iraq are in the news recently doesnt mean you will end up there, you could end up stuck in the falklands for 6 months...

Yeah i know man :)

If you join any of the forces you'll be looked after. I was only there for a few months and was told upon leaving that I was technically a veteran, and if I ever needed help then the Royal British Legion would be there to help. LOL.

The RAF Regiment has a lot of pride over historic battles and defences, but what they do now seems a lot less significant than what they used to be doing.

The battle of El Alamein is one, and I was on the training flight named after it.

If I had to join the forces again, it would be the Army. (Y)

not sure if the RAF is the same but in my job you only get a drivers licence if you need one for your trade.

however i already had my car licence before i joined and now have the scope to get others.

that seems to be the main question people ask when joining the forces, like they are only joining to get licences so they can do hgv flt etc when they leave.

not sure if the RAF is the same but in my job you only get a drivers licence if you need one for your trade.

however i already had my car licence before i joined and now have the scope to get others.

that seems to be the main question people ask when joining the forces, like they are only joining to get licences so they can do hgv flt etc when they leave.

No only asking so i know whether to start lessons now, or wait until im in the royal air force if i get in.. looking into mechanics at the moment (: just browseing, but it gives me a trade to learn during the Royal Air Force so when i leave i'll have something to go onto after :) altohugh my bike maintenance skills are poor! haha