Grips

isitafox

I was just wondering how often people got through a pair of grips and where do they wear the most??

I seem to absolutely murder them underneath where my thumb is, I went through to the plastic on some Inspired lock ons in about 4 weeks and that was with only riding for a few hours a week, and these last few days I've just shredded my Rockman foams to bits in the same spot. Just wondering if this is a common thing for other people or if I have some kind of death grip when I ride. In case it makes a difference I ride with gloves!

EDIT: Forgot to say that I used to use the generic Echo/Trialtech/Tryall rubber type grip and did exactly the same where my thumb sits!

Edited by isitafox

trialtech foam grips (£6.00) last for AGES! i have had 1 pair for about a year and they are still going strong! they are worn on the top where ive flipped my bike over on the tarmac and it got dragged along on the grips, but if you look after them they will last ages! i swear by them :D

i had some inspired lock on's and the rubber texture bit just wore off where the thumb sits.

other than that i haven't really tried any others

hope this helps a little

Nah you've misunderstood. I'm not doing a "What grips should I get?" thread I just wondered where other people's grip wear out the most first, how quickly it happens and with what type.

I'm gonna get some Trialtechs anyway when I stick an order in next week but was just interested to see if I had some kind of stupidly harsh grip when I'm riding.

Not really trials specific and not very comfortable without gloves but DMR lock-ons without the flange last ages!

Only just started to wear down on the outer palm of my hand.

Edited by LSKSK

My trialtech foams haven't seem to of worn much at all in the last 2 years. The ones on my XC bike thoughseem to wear in the inside bit all around, these were cube foam lock ons they lasted me about a year and a half of riding once every 2 weeks (approx. 650 miles)

In terms of wear rate, my TT foams are fantastic. Perfect everywhere BUT...

They've just ripped nearly in half with my removing them and putting them back on about a million times after bath bleeding constantly failing maguras.

If I had a £1 for everytime someone says, it's about time for some new grips eh?

I've had my Trialtech grips since ~August 2008. It's amazing how long they last. I remember my first foam grips in 2004, they were Try-All's and they were absolutely rubbish. Lasted a few weeks.

Another big advantage of Trialtech grips is that they don't slide inwards on the handlebars which is very frustrating with most other grips on the market.