Updated Marino Fourplay

Duncy H

Enough with the colour choice, its too late cause it looks like this now....

IMG_7505.jpg

IMG_7507.jpg

IMG_7518.jpg

Can anybody tell me what sort of bb this is? :S

IMG_7512.jpg

Before:

Last year I was forced to sell my brakeless bike and regretted it ever since, when i was offered this in a swap for my ps3 i thought it was a "steel" (pun intended :P) and it has been a load of fun since i got it the other day. Spec is rather subtle but sweet. I'm impressed by the marino frame which has fourplay geo, it unfortunately has a crack in it but is on the vee mount so while it's brakeless im not worrying about it. I'll stop now and let the pics do the talking....

IMG_7495.jpg

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7492.jpg

Also here's a pic of my speedrace in its current state. Still as awesome riding as ever.

IMG_7500.jpg

Edited by Duncy H

Are they old skool xtr's i see on the brakeless rig? Looks cool whats the rest of the spec?

They are indeed :) Sec is as follows...

Frame and Forks

- Frame: Marino with fourplay geometry, horizontal drop outs.

- Forks: Pashley forks with altered v mounts.

Wheels

- Front hub: Echo tr

- Rear hub: Chris king bmx hub

- Chain tensioner: Trialtech snail cams

- Front rim: Sun rhino lite

- Rear rim: Sun Rhino lite

- Front tyre: Dmr moto

- Rear tyre: Maxxis holy roller 2.4

Brakes

- No brakes of coarse!!

Drivetrain

- Cranks: Shimano Xtr

- Chain: Trialtech Lite

- Rear Sprocket: 15t chris king cog

- Pedals: Eclat plastic pedals

- Bottom bracket: Not too sure

Seating

- Saddle: Eclat all in one seat and post

- Seat Clamp: Built into frame

Steering

- Headset: Hope Aheadset, Silver

- Stem: Hope cnc 90x10* 25.4mm clamp

- Grips: Trialtech foam

- Handlebars: Raceface evolve dh riser bars

Yeah it's an XTR Octalink bb, pretty sure they were the same as the Dura-Ace Octlink bb's. Not cheap and pretty hard to come by.

It is mighty stange that, managed to somehow fix my cranks so i've popped up another picture for good measure :P

Ive got a hollowtech bb that looks pretty much exactly the same as that :P

You do realise Hollowtech, refers to how the crank arms are just that, hollow. Hollowtech 2 refers to cranks that use hollow arms, with the BB axle integrated into the drive side arm and uses an external BB.

The BB you're talking about may work with the original hollowtech cranks, but its an Octalink BB.

Oh and the Deore/LX/XT Octalink BB's were different to the XTR/Dura-Ace BB's, so it might look similar but the splines are slightly different.

Edited by craigjames

You do realise Hollowtech, refers to how the crank arms are just that, hollow. Hollowtech 2 refers to cranks that use hollow arms, with the BB axle integrated into the drive side arm and uses an external BB.

The BB you're talking about may work with the original hollowtech cranks, but its an Octalink BB.

Oh and the Deore/LX/XT Octalink BB's were different to the XTR/Dura-Ace BB's, so it might look similar but the splines are slightly different.

Yeah i just assumed it was a hollowtech bb because it came with some hollowtech cranks. I prefer to ISIS really, only because the cranks come off alot lot easier :P

Yeah i just assumed it was a hollowtech bb because it came with some hollowtech cranks. I prefer to ISIS really, only because the cranks come off alot lot easier :P

Aye, Shimano have a marketing name for everything!

Back to the new pic, what was wrong with the cranks? Not sure on the red either :(

The colour looks a whole lot better in the flesh, the chances of it visiting tartydays has deminished due to the cranks well and truly dying, the thread for the lockring was worn when I took them off already and it's decided to let go, there seem to be nearly enough contact on them at all, tis a shame :(