Looking For A Good Cable

Tioz

on my old bikes i was running shimano cables. i think i paid about £15 for a pair (front and rear). they worked a treat for me :)

Personally the best cable i've used is the oddessey linear slick. The outer is alot tougher it doesnt chafe as much as some cheaper cables and the inner cable is mega strong and doesnt stretch much. There not cheap though but there worth it imo.

Any decent bike shop should have them, or you can grab then online rather easily. Don't worry too much about getting the Odyssey branded ones, so long as it's a linear outer you'll be fine. Shimano SP5 (or 51, I forget) is essentially the same too.

The inner cable won't make a huge amount of difference, but the linear outer will seriously improve performance/feel over a standard brake outer (Y)

Any particular shop in the UK or better in ireland that sells the odyssey linear slick cables for a good price?

Just for curiosity..how much does a great cable like this change the brakes against a normal stock cable?

And I saw there is the Linear SLS Slic cable too..would that be even better?

Edited by Tioz