Your Opion

Gilbert

hi guys

been doing motor trials for about a year now, and bought a push bike trial to help me learn how to hope about and stuff

just want you opion on the bike i bought

i guy a met had an onza, not sure on the model

but he said on ebay for a second hand your looking at £400-450

at the same event some one else had a push bike for sale

so here it is

i paid £250 thinkinng it was a good price

but i didnt see the little sticker that came with it

i belive its quite an old 1?

post-29720-0-75712900-1305361554_thumb.j

post-29720-0-69551400-1305361633_thumb.j

It looks like a good little starter bike that. Probably be a bit heavy being a Mission and with the large axles on the wheels but it looks in very good condition and would be relatively easy to upgrade the frame and swap everything over.

Should do the job for you to get started on, and I wouldn't worry about the price. You could definately pick up a bit of a better spec for that price but not as good a condition as that looks in for sure. Hope it rides well for you!

but i didnt see the little sticker that came with it

i belive its quite an old 1?

I think the sticker is unrelated to the age of the bike, it's just stating that it passed the British Standards tests which haven't been changed since that date. I'd put the bike around the 2003-4 sort of period and should do you just fine to learn the basics on and practise for moto riding.

cheers, well the guy i bought it off

his daughter does side car trials, enduro, basicly any thing and every thing with an engine

any thing todo with bikes she does

they drive round europe every other weekend competeing

considering they r bike mad, i though it must be well looked after, i asked why he was selling it, and he said it hasn't been used in like 2 years

what sort of frame would i look for?

i dont have any idea of trials in the push bike world of things

motobike i know names makes, wots good and whats not

but non motorized trials :S

well im glad your saying its good, thats releaved me lol

would have been gutted if was bad lol

sry for the large photos, i didnt know the limmits on what you can upload :ermm:

ahah well if its gonna be a f**cker to upgrade im not botherd

i wanna take it seriously, cos i do motor trials competitively, imm gonna use it to practive on, like learn to hope it up stuff

normally for me if i wanna jump onto summin, i just pop the clutch and off i go :P

but now to co-ordinate pedeling, hopping and balance, im crap LOL (Y)

if you want a bike you can build up over time easily with nice parts you want to look elsewhere. i could bore you with gory details but in short. if you want to upgrade the wheel, frame or forks, your going to need to outright replace all 3 at the same time cause no other trials parts are the same size (i think, i know the rear wheel/frame is. and the forks on some missions are 1.5" instead of the "normal 1.1/8" forks).

if you spend a bit more on you initial buy it will pay off massively in the long run :)

this would be fantastic, it's probably going to sell for £350 £400 but you would be able to ride it without any doubts or fear of it not being good enough, full hydraulic brakes, front freewheel, isis and sweet geometry...

I think as ive only just bought it, i'll put up with it, try n learn what i can

and just have ago on other bikes as well to see how they differ and feel etc..

i dont think i want to build one over time, cos thats what i have my beta 250 for,

that one you linked on ebay, goes to show what condition my one is in, thats looks quite beaten up in comparison

cheers for having alook around (Y)

didn't realise you'd already bought it (Y) the zoo is beaten up (it's from 2005) but i'd put my money on the zoo serving you much better than the mission would, have fun regardless though :D

my lil bro just got a mission as new 75 quid, one on ebay too for same money. the botom bracket feels like its an inch off the ground? i had a lil go and couldnt do sum things i do on my onza. he got hes for basic balance track stands etc, the minute he starts jumping about he will get a diff bike

HAHA that one of my old bikes . i bourt it new sold it to my ex ( after having it for a few months and she sold it to you :)

i see my old british airways armrest downtube protector is still on there :P

i found the bb hight was to low for me ..

and its the mission compo proto .. it has the wrong stickers on it :P

:)

what did you sell it to harriet for?

and also, did it ever have a brake booster for it?

Its Gilbert writting this message btw lol

on mates profile