24 Bicycles Y.m.i.a.b. Lt - How Good Are They?

zoster

hey all !

i am interested in the 24 Bicycles Y.M.I.A.B. LT rims but i'm worried the won't stay true, since they are drilled and quite light.

i had the trialtech sport rim and it went aut of true frequently and it's really annoying since i keep the pads quite close to my rim.

So... did anyone give these a good bashing (including some spins)? how did they hold up? (the YMIAB i mean)

thanks a bunch!

I've heard no horror stories about them. But if your worried about strength and lightness i'd suggest Sunn rhino lite xl's really strong and pretty light too (lighter than the Y.M.I.A.B i belive)

it's too narrow for the back wheel, i want something around 34-38mm width, but thanks for the suggestion

• 3 months later...

Might be a bit too late but I've just stumbled across this thread.

The rims are good, probably not the best. As long as you aren't too harsh on them and bash the rim too many times you should be fine!

They did go slightly out of true when I was doing some spins, nothing that wasn't easily fixed, but that might be down to the wheel builder, or my terrible riding (more likely).

That sort of thing's usually going to be down to the build rather than your riding. Especially hearing about that Trialtech Sport rim going out of true often - mine stayed true the whole time I had it (around 8 months or so I think?), and it's now been ridden by someone else (again for around 8-9 months) with no issues.

The Tioga 24 DHR rims are a pretty good bet if you want a decent 24" rim. 'Only' 35mm wide, but they still seem to work well. Stan used to run them on his Inspired and they worked well for him, plus they look cool as shit B)