£350 Budget For A Stock, Need Help!

leon_td

I used to ride 20" trials years ago, But now ive forgetten most stuff i know about bikes, Like what brands are good, Who i can and cant trust, What websites to buy from ect...

Anyway, Im after a 26" jump bike now, But I only have £350 for it. Ive seen a few bikes on ebay that are in that range, But i really dont know anything about the quality and cant find any reviews.

Any suggestions and answers to any of my problems will be very welcome. Thanks.

Ideally id like to start with a Kona Shred, But it looks like that aint gonna happen. :(

Edited by leon_td

Ok you are opening a huge can of worms here, so lets break it down a bit.

Firstly, are you after a stock or a jump bike? Two different things?

Secondly, what kind of things did you look at on ebay? What brands, specs, prices?

Thirdly, anyone can give you an opinion on what they think is best from what they have ridden. You may need to spend some time thinking about the type of riding you want to do and what bike you think will suit then people can make some tailored suggestions around that.

Hope that helps,

Brett

Ok you are opening a huge can of worms here, so lets break it down a bit.

Firstly, are you after a stock or a jump bike? Two different things?

Secondly, what kind of things did you look at on ebay? What brands, specs, prices?

Thirdly, anyone can give you an opinion on what they think is best from what they have ridden. You may need to spend some time thinking about the type of riding you want to do and what bike you think will suit then people can make some tailored suggestions around that.

Hope that helps,

Brett

See, This is what I mean, Im not even sure what im buying anymore. Its been so long.

Whatever the Kona Shred is, I want something like that. I want to spend as much of the £350 as I can to get the best quality I can.

I dont have a specific riding style anymore, Itll take a while for me to get in to one. I just need something that is a solid all rounder. Something I can upgrade once i know what i like.

Im sorry for having no idea about this, Ha.

_____

Ive realised my mistake. I want a jump bike. Different forum then? Or can i still get help here?

Edited by leon_td

See, This is what I mean, Im not even sure what im buying anymore. Its been so long.

Whatever the Kona Shred is, I want something like that. I want to spend as much of the £350 as I can to get the best quality I can.

I dont have a specific riding style anymore, Itll take a while for me to get in to one. I just need something that is a solid all rounder. Something I can upgrade once i know what i like.

Im sorry for having no idea about this, Ha.

_____

Ive realised my mistake. I want a jump bike. Different forum then? Or can i still get help here?

If I were you, I'd leave this here and see if you get any decent response, but also head out to a jump forum for some more dedicated replies. Good luck (Y)

• Like 1

No need to apologise, it's all a bit confusing coming back to it and loads has changed.

Ok so the Kona shred is a DJ bike so not very trialsy at all, but someone may have that or something similar knocking about. You would need to put an advert in the wanted section though and see what people offer you rather than a thread in here.

If you are looking for something that is more trials and street and jump you may have to go for somthing a little different. See if someone has Norco or a Marino perhaps they are willing to part with?

If I were you, I'd leave this here and see if you get any decent response, but also head out to a jump forum for some more dedicated replies. Good luck (Y)

Thanks. Cant believe I forgot the difference here. Ugh.

Hey,im looking for a stock bike now as i used to ride an onza t-bird but have now decided i need something a bit bigger as im about 6ft tall.

I do like the onza brand but im not so keen on there stock bikes (allthough i do like the limey but it's out of my budget) so not sure on a brand? I've got a medium size budget (£200-350), possibly the lower end unfortunately =(.

Any advide would be usefull, even if its just a list of good makes?

I'd have a look over on pinkbike mate. I got a kona stinky with a great spec for £600, from what i could see most of the great spec DJ bikes were about the £400-500 mark so £350 should get you something nice and tidy!

Hey,im looking for a stock bike now as i used to ride an onza t-bird but have now decided i need something a bit bigger as im about 6ft tall.

I do like the onza brand but im not so keen on there stock bikes (allthough i do like the limey but it's out of my budget) so not sure on a brand? I've got a medium size budget (£200-350), possibly the lower end unfortunately =(.

Any advide would be usefull, even if its just a list of good makes?

For your first bike, go second hand. You'll get better knowledge of the parts and how to fit them, especially if you buy individual bits and it's going to be pretty battered or not be right for you first time round so you'll lose less money when you come to swap the parts to ones that REALLY suit you.

There's been some frames on here in good condition that should last ages for around the £50-80 mark. Sets of forks at £40, wheels around £80 for a pair, cranks/freewheel around £50 then the rest to spend on the slightly cheaper bits like bars, stems, peddles, tyres etc. Or you could even by a full build. I bought a nice onza limey off here for £300.

Ooh new onza stock bikes! hope they're nice and in budget, yeah i might have a look on pink bike as i dont really mind if i my bike is second hand or not =), especially aas it would be a first stock bike for me.