Osama Bin Laden Dead

monkeyseemonkeydo

In my opinion it's made people feel safer where as they are not, just because he is gone al queda isn't going to fall apart. They will continue doing what they do. Also I think there is almost definatley going to be a retaliation of some sort soon.

I've read a thread over on airliners.net where people think security will be stepped down on planes, most of the replies show how it's been increased and I have to agree in most places security will be stepped up. But only time will tell I suppose!

I knew this pic was fake when I first looked at it becuase his beard was so dark, it's almost grey in the last pictures we've seen of him.

How come I can tell it's fake, but news channels can't?

Now all these conspiracy nuts are saying the CIA make these fake pics and he's not actually dead.

I reckon there will be another attack on america within the next week or so.

You can't plan and carry out a big attack in a 'week or so'. Just check out how long they usually prepare for their attacks. I'd be surprised if anything happens in the near future.

Firstly there isnt no hard evidence given for the public to decide that he is actually dead. However its one of those things that im not sure what to believe. The forces arnt exacully to say that have killed him when they havent, that is basically saying that they have been defeated against al queda (members of the al queda would know if he is alive or not)

I feel the attacks will get worse and bigger for a period of time, after this stage will pipe down as no one would be brave enough to take the organisation on etc

Edited by trials owns

You can't plan and carry out a big attack in a 'week or so'. Just check out how long they usually prepare for their attacks. I'd be surprised if anything happens in the near future.

Exactly, i still think the next few weeks could be pretty important though. Hopefully some members will be too rash and bent on revenge, disregarding the precautions they take not to get caught and be picked up by SIS and the Americans before they can do anything.

Worryingly the Olympics is in an almost perfect position in timing and size for them to make a statement.

Is it true they chucked him over board as a burial?

i dont think they did. they wanted to so that people couldnt use the place he was buried as a worship place as it could go anywhere in the sea but as he was killed on land i think they have to bury him on land but im not certain. its just what i heard so dont take it as a fact.

Edited by BurlyBox

This guy's an international crim, all the americans hate him, why would they want to bury him?

Because not complying with the standard Islamic practise could be seen as being extra disrespectful by Osamas supporters. One thing you don't want to do when you've just killed one of the most dangerous people on the planet (apparently) is go out of your way to piss off his supporters even more than the death itself will do.

On the point of whether it take 'a few weeks' to organise a big attack or not... Do you not think that these people have heard of a contingency plan? I find it extremely unlikely that they won't have had a chat about what happens if/when Osama gets assasinated - those plans will now be taking place and I for one would not be surprised if it is only days, not weeks, before a retaliation.