Halfords & Piercings

txt2007

Just got a part time job at halfords and was wondering what if any policy they have on piercings, i have my nape done already anbd was planning on a few others but not if im going to loose my job over it...

Why not ring them up and ask to see a policy or just come straight with them ?

I'm sure it depends a lot on whether you're a twat or not. If you are 16, quite scruffy generally, and don't really have a good manner with customers, then piercings are going to be the last straw. On the other hand, if you are well-dressed, knowledgeable and approachable then it would take a real jobsworth twat at Halfords to fire you over a piercing. It's all job-dependent of course, I know a doctor that has got away with loads of piercings (but I also know it's made life / job progression a bit harder for them).

It'll depend on your manager, like others have said, just ask if it'll be ok.

One of the guys quite high up at our store has a full sleeve which he's slowly had done while working there, no one's batted an eye-lid because of his general manner, like people have said, it depends on your overall impression on the other staff and customers. Me and a few other guys got away with wearing jeans for months, and I occasionally still do when I've come strait from college, I've stopped now because we've got a new sales manager who's ex army, and I'd rather get to know the guy before trying to take any liberty's. No one cared because we don't stand out as looking un-professional, literally never had a word said about it by anyone, while some of the part time 16/17 year olds who are always trying to dodge doing any work and dossing around get a bollocking when they wear the wrong type of shoes.

I got a job and worked fine at Halfords with 22mm tunnels in either ear, a lip piercing and a half sleeve on display.

Then again Bikehut got away with murder in my store; baggy shorts with our arses hanging out, over-excessive belts, skate trainers (obviously black though), plain black tops, etc.

Just started stretching mine, and they aint too fussed.... but then again they aint to fussed that I dont wear "proper" shoes, just wear my vans, dnt wear my name badge, as they havent give me one with the right name on, had "Mathew" for 4 years.

But as said each store manager will have his own way!!

Just started stretching mine, and they aint too fussed.... but then again they aint to fussed that I dont wear "proper" shoes, just wear my vans, dnt wear my name badge, as they havent give me one with the right name on, had "Mathew" for 4 years.

But as said each store manager will have his own way!!

I've never worn uniform/a badge haha. Usually rock up in boardies and a hoody with headphones on all day, Airwalks (seriously, Phase 2s are the most comfortable shoes you will ever wear) and haven't ever had a word said about it haha. Spend half my time out the back as a mechanic, but the rest of the time I just chill out the front and loiter a bit.

Last Sunday I finished up the weeks repairs by midday so spent the rest playing with grinders and sprays converting a few returns to brakeless setups. Refreshing change from Trax's and shit.

I've never worn uniform/a badge haha. Usually rock up in boardies and a hoody with headphones on all day, Airwalks (seriously, Phase 2s are the most comfortable shoes you will ever wear) and haven't ever had a word said about it haha. Spend half my time out the back as a mechanic, but the rest of the time I just chill out the front and loiter a bit.

Last Sunday I finished up the weeks repairs by midday so spent the rest playing with grinders and sprays converting a few returns to brakeless setups. Refreshing change from Trax's and shit.

was your boss man not in?! I got in shit for doing work on my bike in my diner break. was out back setting my brakes up boss came over and says, "you going to put the labour codes down for this repair" I said " erm NO! ONE its my own biike and TWO in on MY break" he walked off in a huff.....