Shot Blasting

Danfoss - BANNED

I'm working on a project and the items i'm using to build are all new but painted black. For reasons out of my control they can not be powdercoated (have windings inside which will melt). I've had stuff shot blasted before so it's raw but it's rought and a creamy gray color.

I'd like this to like a ball burnished, raw shiny metal, wire brushed sort of thing. I can then spray them with as clear coat out a can no problems.

So what types of media or blastings is best or advised

What sort of parts are you talking about? Exposed bearings/details? Being fitted to other tight toleranced components or stand-alone? What about taking the easy/cheap option of just using paint stripper?

There all steel but one is a motor. I can seal it up so nothing can get in. All items are stand alone but will be bolted down to same base. This paint is powdercoat so pretty tough to get off

Blasting with bicarb of soda is supposed to be the best way as it doesn't damage the metal as much as using sand. Usually with the sand you end up with a pitted, matt grey finish which looks shit unless being coated again.

Can always get it blasted with a glass media (bead blasting) which also removes paint, loose rust etc without damaging the metal.

Can you not just leave them stealthy black?!

Nope they are on display and i want them looking different and nice.

How come they are powdercoated but you can't powdercoat them a second time? :S

There coated before they put them together and there is no way to open it up unless i grind open the welding. It opens a can of worms

Blasting with bicarb of soda is supposed to be the best way as it doesn't damage the metal as much as using sand. Usually with the sand you end up with a pitted, matt grey finish which looks shit unless being coated again.

Can always get it blasted with a glass media (bead blasting) which also removes paint, loose rust etc without damaging the metal.

Sounds good to me. I would really like the bunrnished finsih

Look into vapour, liquid or possibly walnut blasting, I would imagine you will need to polish/burnish the items seperately afterwards though. You dont by any chance work for danfoss bauer do you? They supply all of our electric geared motors at work :)