Keep Falling Off!

Aidan97

work on your falling technique? most falls can be saved by jumping off the bike and landing on your feet the split second you know your falling.. but depending on what your trying to do falling off is bound to happen anyway!

could it be that im pushing my self to hard because my falling technique is ok its just some times it happens too quick to react

You're pushing too hard if you're falling off and hurting yourself. Get the basics dialled and learn the simple skills first before working up. By getting things wrong low down you'll soon learn the cat like reflexes that only come with time riding and have saved me from almost any serious injury in 13+ years of riding.

Edit:

could it be that im pushing my self to hard

Exactly.

You're pushing too hard if you're falling off and hurting yourself. Get the basics dialled and learn the simple skills first before working up. By getting things wrong low down you'll soon learn the cat like reflexes that only come with time riding and have saved me from almost any serious injury in 13+ years of riding.

after watching gary mac who's only been for 4 months and ive been riding for 8 months it seems as if im crap compared to the stuff he does

after watching gary mac who's only been for 4 months and ive been riding for 8 months it seems as if im crap compared to the stuff he does

That's a bad example though. Gary's been riding mototrials professionally, at an International/World class level since he was about 6. That's a ton of basic balance and technique to transfer to push bike trials. Stick with it and you'll get there!

Just remember that he has been riding Moto for ages and has got great balance from that and they use the same princibals, you will fall off alot if you stop all the time try and roll things alot more you'll be more balanced. Also look whats infront of you not what is too the side just be aware of any dangers around you then you will start to automatically react when you are over balanced and jump off safely, just practice riding a wall then jumping over your frame on to the ground.

Don't compare how long you've been riding for with skill, I tend to think people that post videos saying 'I've only been riding for a month!' are lying. Anyways, I think falling off is god to an extent because you're putting yourself out of your comfort zone which overall is god for progression, however, you don't want to take that to far, because it may result in your death. Good luck.

Just remember that he has been riding Moto for ages and has got great balance from that and they use the same princibals, you will fall off alot if you stop all the time try and roll things alot more you'll be more balanced. Also look whats infront of you not what is too the side just be aware of any dangers around you then you will start to automatically react when you are over balanced and jump off safely, just practice riding a wall then jumping over your frame on to the ground.

This is what level im at atm and I think by now I should be better

hey man your doing great for 8months starting from nothing!!! don't compare yourself to others just get out there and practise, as guys stated i have been riding mototrials at a high level since i was 9 which has helped me big style with balance, confidences and the ability to think a move out and then do it pretty much streight away. i had the basic to start with like rear hops and some moves from messing about years ago, now been 5-6months and learning loads, go at your own pace but really stand back and look at what your want to do, go through it in your head and try it, don't just throw yourself at it and then ask why you near killed yourself :giggle: . keep it up your progressing quick!!

Edited by gary-mac

hey man your doing great for 8months starting from nothing!!! don't compare yourself to others just get out there and practise, as guys stated i have been riding mototrials at a high level since i was 9 which has helped me big style with balance, confidences and the ability to think a move out and then do it pretty much streight away. i had the basic to start with like rear hops and some moves from messing about years ago, now been 5-6months and learning loads, go at your own pace but really stand back and look at what your want to do, go through it in your head and try it, don't just throw yourself at it and then ask why you near killed yourself :giggle: . keep it up your progressing quick!!

thanks a alot for the advice I also do mototrials and its seemed to help me quite a bit. I think ill just take my time and think about what im doing before I do it.

thanks a alot for the advice I also do mototrials and its seemed to help me quite a bit. I think ill just take my time and think about what im doing before I do it.

Its something i have learned over 18years of competition, you only get one shot at a section so you need to be able to suss a section out in your head and know exacle what you want to do then put it into action.its the same when it comes to sidehops, gap to front etc. If you can do that you'll soon be kicking ass. One thing i'll never forget is a saying a top rider gave me, (practise hard, trial easy) (Y)

Its something i have learned over 18years of competition, you only get one shot at a section so you need to be able to suss a section out in your head and know exacle what you want to do then put it into action.its the same when it comes to sidehops, gap to front etc. If you can do that you'll soon be kicking ass. One thing i'll never forget is a saying a top rider gave me, (practise hard, trial easy) (Y)

I was thinking of entering a few mototrials competitions for fun It also might give me a better frame of mind and confidence when im riding

I was thinking of entering a few mototrials competitions for fun It also might give me a better frame of mind and confidence when im riding

cool go for it, the main thing is to enjoy it!! never get wild as it will make you worse, if you fail something go try something else and go back to it then it will all work out at some point.

cool go for it, the main thing is to enjoy it!! never get wild as it will make you worse, if you fail something go try something else and go back to it then it will all work out at some point.

the problem is my determination for things takes over I wont stop doing something until its done, for example a couple of months ago I was practising double blipping over 2 rocks in a row which eventully I done

the problem is my determination for things takes over I wont stop doing something until its done, for example a couple of months ago I was practising double blipping over 2 rocks in a row which eventully I done

Yeah i was really bad when i was younger for going at things for hours and hours untill i did it but then realised its best to try for awile and if you don't get it go try something else then go back, most of the time you'll get it first shot when you return.

Yeah i was really bad when i was younger for going at things for hours and hours untill i did it but then realised its best to try for awile and if you don't get it go try something else then go back, most of the time you'll get it first shot when you return.

I did that before when side hopping and I got it first time when I tried again