Home Made Bashring

Canardweb

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody, I seem to get quite a lot of PMs of people asking me to do some bashring for them.

I have now found a job, so I won't be able to do this until I get back to school where we have that plasma cutter.

And that is... never except if one of my friends who is still there can pass the file and program to our machining teacher who will probably do it for me. But he won't make more than 2 for people here if he does (which I doubt to be honest). And if he does it, he won't until he gets the time. I think you'd better consider this never to happen to not be disappointed. If it happens then it will be a surprise! I will let you know.

Also the carbon frame I did broke quite fast.

Thank you

Edited by Canardweb

I havnt read all th coments, just to referring to Adams about deforming.

You say you have carbon fibre? Could you cut a bit of carbon and place it in the slot either with a tight fit or some glue might help with strength and keep weight down ??

Yes I agree mark! But but might just be enough to make the difference!

And he's got some already!

Depends what's his goals are I guess?

All out strength- just stick with steel or if u wanna make it light then other options need to be explored!

What kinda plasma cutter is it? I'm guessing it's nc or Cnc ?

All out strength- just stick with steel or if u wanna make it light then other options need to be explored!

Well he's already built it, and you'll see that this thread is only bumped to say he wont be making any more...

Intrigued... Pics?

I haven't got them as they are on my friend's phone, but I'll ask him to send some. We don't have a lot of them though. Obnly Kevlar Carbon half yoke, and headtube I think. But nothing from the complete frame I think. We broke it when we tried to insert the headset and when we screwed the bottom bracket in. Also as Mark said, the carbon is poor in compression, so the dropouts broke fairly quickly! Anyway, it wouldn't have worked anyway.

CNC. You could have guessed that as I talked about the program I made for it.