New Front Hub, Throwing Wheel Alignment Out. Help Please?

Carlperkins

I have bought a new onza sealed front hub to convert the front wheel on my 2010 onza zoot to a disc brake...

i have laced the wheel and true'd it pretty well (for a first time attempt)...

the problem is now that due to the hub having and extra bit on the side for the rotor to bolt to.. the whole wheel is pushed to the right and now the wheel is not in line with the rear wheel or the frame.

any ideas??

very grateful for any help!

nope, bought new halo 24" spokes from tartybikes.

In which case it's just a case of dishing the wheel correctly. The rim needs to sit centrally between the dropouts rather than centrally between the flanges. Assuming the rim's over to the non disc side, loosen all the non disc side spokes and tighten the disc side ones to pull the rim over to the middle of the wheel.

In which case it's just a case of dishing the wheel correctly. The rim needs to sit centrally between the dropouts rather than centrally between the flanges. Assuming the rim's over to the non disc side, loosen all the non disc side spokes and tighten the disc side ones to pull the rim over to the middle of the wheel.

ok ill do that, the thing is that the spokes on the rotor side are already nearly done up as tight as they will go, so i might not be able to do them up much more, does this mean i will need to get shorter spokes?

Did you get the right length of spokes, ether by asking any one of the boys at Tartybikes by informing them of what rim and hub and lace patteren you are using?

Also did you get the right spokes for the side of wheel, one side will be long and shorter.

As well as that have you laced it up properly, 1x, 2x,3x radial what ever, with the over over under for 3x per say.

From this side it could be a few issues you have

yeah i told the tartybikes guys what hub and rim i had etc. and i got the spokes through and they were all the same length anyway. yeah i did 3x (over over under)

im currently doing the wheel and stopping to check this thread and the wheel is getting there.

Can't say i've heared of a zero dish 100mm front hub before (spoke length would normaly be even if 0 dish). Can you link me to the hub and rim on Tartybikes please?

Sounds silly but you got the right leading spoke? I went through a nasty phase of doing it back to front with the leading spoke

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/front_disc_hubs/onza_sealed_disc_front/c20p10317.html

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/24_inch_wheels/onza_zoot_wheelset/c538p11426.html

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/24_inch_spokes/sapimhalo_24_inch_black_with_nipples/c95p10486.html

thats the rim, hub and spokes. i did as "moneyseemonkeydo" said and loosened one side etc.. it was working pretty well and i got it pretty well centered but if i spun the wheel fast there was still a slight wobble side to side and a considerable wobble up and down, so ive loosened it all off again and will probably take it to the local bike shop for true-ing.

Got you, all you want to do whilest lacing it up is wind the nipple on a few turns. I use a match stick to fit the nipple through the rim and get a few turns on. Once all spokes are fitted i then wind them down with an hand held electric screw driver so the threads are covered. it'll go 2 ways from here on. Sometime the spokes are already holding some tensions, old school Mavic rim, Hope/Shimano hubs and dt spokes i found did this. The other side is you need to add more turns, so next up i wind them up so the spoke end is leavel with the nipple. 99% time there is a good load on the spokes then. If lucky and you gotten it all even it's straight froward there on in. Otherwise it's a case of 1 turn per spoke till they are all done up, then a case of tighting up, stress, check, retighten, stress, check, true, etc etc.

Hope some how this helps

nice once cheers man, ill give it another go Saturday afternoon and let you know how i get on.

No problem, thats how i do it and what works for me. I also dab the spoke on the threaded side into a bit of grease as well, helps wind them up tight. Good luck buddy