6'3'' Always Rode Stock But...

Just toying with ideas here, I'm 6'3'', I've always rode a long stock. Now and then i'd switch to a Pashley 26 Mhz with a 100m 0 rise stem and love it. Also switch to a Crescent Ilions which was crazy short and both bikes being really nice to ride.

However could a mod be what I'm after, throw it around more, going bigger, abusing the bike under me even more with my height and now power (in the gym a lot so have size as well as height).

I keep getting the odd itch to try a mod out and see what I can do. Im really unsure and this why i ask.

Am i better going for a short stock and looking normal or going for a Mod and it looking like someone put the bike on a boil wash, or even if the mod can be built to fit me

Confused yes I am!

Your dyslexia seems to have disappeared today, thats good.

Try a mod out I guess, no one can really say if you'll get on with one or not. How well did you get on with the fake coust you had? That had pretty good neutral geo as opposed to super short or super long.

I wouldn't say it was the bike that was holding you back in terms of riding though.

• Like 1

Your dyslexia seems to have disappeared today, thats good.

Try a mod out I guess, no one can really say if you'll get on with one or not. How well did you get on with the fake coust you had? That had pretty good neutral geo as opposed to super short or super long.

I wouldn't say it was the bike that was holding you back in terms of riding though.

My ridding improved loads after I left Plymouth. I spent more time pushing.

The fake coust was really really nice

Thats cool, any more recent vids?

I personally like the 1090/+30/385mm cs style frames available rather than going nuts with the bb rise/length. Makes them more 'all round' capable rather than just being good for sidehops.

I dunno, what do you want out of the bike?

Just toying with ideas here, I'm 6'3'', I've always rode a long stock. Now and then i'd switch to a Pashley 26 Mhz with a 100m 0 rise stem and love it. Also switch to a Crescent Ilions which was crazy short and both bikes being really nice to ride.

However could a mod be what I'm after, throw it around more, going bigger, abusing the bike under me even more with my height and now power (in the gym a lot so have size as well as height).

I keep getting the odd itch to try a mod out and see what I can do. Im really unsure and this why i ask.

Am i better going for a short stock and looking normal or going for a Mod and it looking like someone put the bike on a boil wash, or even if the mod can be built to fit me

Confused yes I am!

i wouldnt bother unless your going for something with 1025+ wb. i went from mod to stock and im about 6ft2, and get on with stock a hell load better. even though im building a long mod again cos there cool...

Thats cool, any more recent vids?

I personally like the 1090/+30/385mm cs style frames available rather than going nuts with the bb rise/length. Makes them more 'all round' capable rather than just being good for sidehops.

I dunno, what do you want out of the bike?

No vids, i was the only ridder around here and never bothered with group rides. I prefered chilling on my own or a with few of the local bmx boys. I also stopped for a while. Im tempted to get back into it

Ben from Weston is in the region of 6'5" and used to ride a bit of both - he still managed to absolutely shred on the 20", but it always looked really awkward and it wasn't like the stock ever held him back. Get to a few group rides, try a few different bikes out and if they don't feel too weird then there's no real reason you shouldn't go for it (Y)

I am also 6'3" 'ish' and I'm currently riding a ZOO! Lynx long, a lot of the time I think that I should maybe move onto a stock, however I have managed to build up this frame to be more than comfortable to ride. I think that all you need to do is find a nice long frame, then build it up with components that give the biggest reach and rise and this, like mine, should be very nice to ride for someone of your height. I have also found that you can easily get a good height from using a range of stem stackers if you can get a high enough rise with a stem. Hope this has been helpful.