Ben Rowlands

1a2bcio8

Hello,

Tried again to get some filming done of the lines that involve really pushing myself but, unsurprisingly, it all went wrong with problems of inaccesability, wet run ups to rails, etc. It's getting a bit frustrating.

However, so the day didn't feel entirely wasted, in terms of filming, I sessioned a loading bay for an hour. It was good fun and I wish I could have done it for longer, as I was feeling creative, but it rained (N)

I said it elsewhere, but that manual-wallride-360 line was really nice.

Sucks you keep getting denied by fate every time you get the filming game on the go - your bike seems pretty dialled in now for the most part, and we're still climbing up out of winter so it's just a matter of time 'til things fall into place. Can't wait!

I said it elsewhere, but that manual-wallride-360 line was really nice.

Sucks you keep getting denied by fate every time you get the filming game on the go - your bike seems pretty dialled in now for the most part, and we're still climbing up out of winter so it's just a matter of time 'til things fall into place. Can't wait!

Cheers Mark. I just need to get the confidence up, like i used to have on the bmx, to hit the wall really fast so I ride it a bit more.

Yeah it does suck but you're right, I think, and I was saying today to Rob, the chap who filmed, that I think when the weather gets better that filming will become easier. At the moment winter is like a weight on all efforts for a variety of reasons. Sods law though that the dry areas were all inaccessible today?!

Longer days and warmer temperatures generally help both rider and filmer quite a lot, so just consider the fact that in the least productive time of the year you've managed to put out 4-5 cool little edits (if not more?), so when the getting's good you should be pretty unstoppable :P

• Like 1

As usual Ben, a decent little mini video. I've never really been a fan of how wallrides look on completely vertical walls, but that's just me - I thought the 3 straight after it was cool. I think my favourite line was just bunny to manual round the edge of the bay, then spinning off the front wheel - very cool.

Thanks for the comments. It'd be good to catch up with any of you that are up for getting down to Bristol (Y)

wow!!! that is amazing style !!!!

cool tricks !

for how long you've been riding ?

On and off for around 9 years, I think.

Sick as always! Definitely gonna have to dust off the camera next time i'm out and see if i'm brave enough to post up the outcomes :P

Loved it!

Do it, Matt. The camera, at least for me, helps against laziness of thought and action. It's good for your riding. I'd be well up for seeing it as well :)

Ben I love your style and creativity! These mini edits are awesome, have you thought of making a longer edit one day?

That's the plan only I've been struggling to do so with the timing of broken parts and the weather. Hopefully those problems are nearing their end though as spring approaches and my bike finally has the appropriate parts.

Ben i've decided myself and Luke are going to have to come up and do a ride/film weekend in Bristol with you, it's been bloody ages and it's really good to see you've got the motivation and inspiration back :)

Do it! It'd be great to ride with you chaps again :turned:

And, yeah, I'm also appreciating the return of my love for riding. Not since the day of my giant/curtis have I enjoyed riding this much.

YAWN my arse!

Thatwasf**kinwikedlike :D

The yawn was really with reference to my frustration about continually failing to get the specific lines that I want and only producing another one of these smaller vids. I've decided to either ignore or keep my perfectionism to myself from now on. So it has nowt to do with that :P

You gonna make another effort at getting down to Bristol for a ride again?