A Small Petty Clip About An Inconvenient Puncture.

LEON

Yea i read he uses 60 odd, how does he get any grip? Anything above 40 just feels wrong for me, I have about 35 in mine, The sidewalls are so ridiculously thin though, even the moto rt's are a decent amount thicker (which I had to put back on)

It's a shame, I like the tread, I like the shape, I like the size.....but it needs different sidewalls.

I pinched one of these using a kenda super inner tube... which was stiffer than the sidewalls of these b*****d tyres.

Anyway, you could either slice open a tube and stuff your current tube in it, double thickness, or you could try a high roller, which is similar tread, although the sidewalls aren't loads thicker.

I don't like the diggers myself and i'd never use them again!

In terms of paying Macaskill.....Danny uses MOTO RT'S i thought...for street anyway. That's what i see most of the time. I know he mentioned he uses the diggers off-road.

I can't stand them - i had them on my Inspired for a while and was forever puncturing the front. Switched to Holy Rollers and nothing....a much better tyre.

i will say however that the MOTO RT (what i think Danny rides) is a good tyre. I've had them on my street bike for years and they've been great. I think the Digger's need to stay off-road.

Edited by Matthew62

Cheers! The Donkey Kong colour scheme is growing on me, and I'm very flattered about the tits lol.

I know what you mean Revolver, but I just really am not a fan of maxxis tyres :( they've always felt heavy & sluggish to me, I hardly ever get punctures and I only use asda tubes & I've never used incredibly heavy duty tyres.

I also tried the double inner tube thing back in '97/'98 lol, just don't fancy it again, not just for trials but 24" tyres in general are way more restricted than 26" still, I think I expected more choice.

I just have unpopular preferences :) I sometimes seem to avoid popular components, just for a challenge lol.

Cheers Nick!

I don't like the diggers myself and i'd never use them again!

In terms of paying Macaskill.....Danny uses MOTO RT'S i thought...for street anyway. That's what i see most of the time. I know he mentioned he uses the diggers off-road.

I can't stand them - i had them on my Inspired for a while and was forever puncturing the front. Switched to Holy Rollers and nothing....a much better tyre.

i will say however that the MOTO RT (what i think Danny rides) is a good tyre. I've had them on my street bike for years and they've been great. I think the Digger's need to stay off-road.

Yea his way back home bike definitely has diggers, I think his old blue bike was all RT's.

RT's seem alot better to me but I've just used chunky DH knobbly tyres since 1997 & I think I'm a bit far gone to change my mind. They feel so wooden & unresponsive, I like a bit of a loose bouncy feel without having tgs tyre pressures.

Edited by LEON