Marino.

Laurence--Trials

Im thinking of building a marino with a small difference but the only thing putting me off is the weight so wanted to ask a few questions.

I side hop left and use disc so i was wondering if it'd be posable to build a frame with disc side on the right and the drive side on the left?

The geo i was thinking was:

1000-1005 WB

75-80 BB

345-350 CS

72 HA

Other than the head angle im not too sure, its mainly the CS i want to know about, what do longer/shorter CS make the bike feel like?

What sort of weights are 20" marino's thats the only thing that put me off really..

How strong are they?

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Im thinking of building a marino with a small difference but the only thing putting me off is the weight so wanted to ask a few questions.

I side hop left and use disc so i was wondering if it'd be posable to build a frame with disc side on the right and the drive side on the left?

The geo i was thinking was:

1000-1005 WB

75-80 BB

345-350 CS

72 HA

Other than the head angle im not too sure, its mainly the CS i want to know about, what do longer/shorter CS make the bike feel like?

What sort of weights are 20" marino's thats the only thing that put me off really..

How strong are they?

Yes, sort of. Only the disc mount would change, but the calliper would have to go on the other way round (like the pashley forks) because the calliper is only made to work on one side, it's the wrong shape.

CS affects how quickly the bike comes up to the back wheel, and how stable it is up there.

It's fine, weight isn't an issue.

Steel is strong and tends to bend before it snaps so you have nore warning.

All in all, I don't think it's a good idea and you ought to man up instead of worrying about it, lol.

Also there is knack all choice for worth LHD components that will take trials abuse.

Get a magura, problem solved.

it would be possible

You would need to use a bmx hub with left hand drive and some bmx cranks to match (otherwise your pedals would unscrew as you ride)

The disc would work too, you would have to mount it under the seatstay for it to be the correct way round.

More effort than it's worth really, and I am not really sure why you would get a custom frame with geo of frames that you can buy in shops?

Damn.. what a chore.. why couldn't i just change my wheel round?

I wanted to do it because i was going to get a speedrace off montymansam for £270 and it was just the price that put me off because i have next to no money at the moment, and i know marinos are cheeper.

EDIT: on second thoughts, does marino do disc potectors like the titron guy?

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Damn.. what a chore.. why couldn't i just change my wheel round?

I wanted to do it because i was going to get a speedrace off montymansam for £270 and it was just the price that put me off because i have next to no money at the moment, and i know marinos are cheeper.

no you cant turn your wheel round, you would be riding everywhere backwards then, plus your pedals would unscrew like I said earlier.

Marinos are more that £270 I believe.

I run dual disc on my Neon, and sidehop to the left, and I'm yet to hit my rear disc yet! The fat tyre pushes the bike out the way on walls etc, so by the looks of things it'll be pretty hard for me to hit it. - I think.

Just man up and run dual disc. ;)

I run dual disc on my Neon, and sidehop to the left, and I'm yet to hit my rear disc yet! The fat tyre pushes the bike out the way on walls etc, so by the looks of things it'll be pretty hard for me to hit it. - I think.

Just man up and run dual disc. ;)

I already do, have done for a year in march. Although i've bent alot of discs, i had a really good brake bent the disc i cant get it perfectly strait now the brake is like.. meh.

I already do, have done for a year in march. Although i've bent alot of discs, i had a really good brake bent the disc i cant get it perfectly strait now the brake is like.. meh.

New disk? And you must be doing something wrong. I was running a bent disk for a good few months and it worked grand.