New Rockman Prototype! Edit: Geo

G_!

Hi,

today i got the new frame that rockmanbikes sent me, i'm really excited! ^_^

I don't know the GEO and i don't know what name will have this frame, just i can show the weight

Big thanks to Rockman Bikes!! They made me happy :)

www.rockmanbikes.com ;)

EDIT:geoh.jpg

76332382.jpg

38377215.jpg

46510464.jpg

97805244.jpg

66407176.jpg

11398118.jpg

25627948.jpg

96112422.jpg

70964807.jpg

90150873.jpg

pesom.jpg

protol.jpg

pesobici.jpg

Edited by G_!

hydroforming has it place, it means you can make shapes of tubing where it would be impossible before and allows frame companies to make frames stronger and lighter. Unfortunately what Rockman seems to have done is find some interesting tubing in a factory and decided it could be used in a frame. I very much doubt the frame is lighter because of the tube shapes and I very much doubt its stronger either.

Green is a nice colour though

because round tubes are a very good shape to make stuff from, making round tubes with better butting will be lighter than some random hydroforming and wont have any places for stress risers to gather (which that frame looks like it has).

Are the tubes random? Dont you think Rockman maybe made the tubes that shape because it was stronger and lighter than normal round tubes? Other wise what would the point be?

G! can you answer this?

really i dont know nothing about this, ask to rockman, their email is in rockman site

Are the tubes random? Dont you think Rockman maybe made the tubes that shape because it was stronger and lighter than normal round tubes? Other wise what would the point be?

G! can you answer this?

I highly doubt Rockman made those tubes

Gotta admit i do LOVE that frame, can only see the first photo cause im at school. It looks like its been disigned well and looks strong too but cant judge a book by its cover.

Unlike everyone else, im not keen on the colour. Hope it has some good, nicely disigned graphics when the final one is out.

Edit, going back to looks again looks quite boring around the tube joining the top and bottom tube together. (whats that tube called btw?) Would be nice to see a rockman frame with disc and maggie tabs too, to make a change.

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Gotta admit i do LOVE that frame, can only see the first photo cause im at school. It looks like its been disigned well and looks strong too but cant judge a book by its cover.

Unlike everyone else not keen on the colour. Hope it has some good, nicely disigned graphics when the final one is out.

Edit, going back to looks again looks quite boring around the tube joining the top and bottom tube together. (whats that tube called btw?) Would be nice to see a rockman frame with disc and maggie tabs too, to make a change.

everyone is liking the colour though? What do they put in the water up there :S

Holy Hydroforming Batman! Does appear to be Hydroforming for hydroforming's sake. Not massive fan, the point where the front bashplate mount is welded to the DT and the Hyrdoforming forms a corner looks like it could be weak spot; especially as the DT will be under tension most of the time.. But as has been said, green is nice :)

Edited by craigjames