Which Hub Do I Have?

RiderRace

It looks kinda like one of the fixed '07's with the 'integrated' tensioner, after the tensioner's been removed and replaced with a plain spacer.

I believe hes right. Quite few riders used to do this if they had horizontal drop outs, as they didn't need the tensioner.

Maybe ask the prvious owner if you can see if they still have the tensioner? assuming you purchased it second hand.

Alright, so I've got this particular wheel to which a tensioner can't beattached. It's on a vertical dropout echo pure frame... How would I go about adding a tensioner then? I don't feel like dropping the dough for a new hub, but is that my only option?

This is where I get all confused with this hub lingo...

Let me lay it out straight, as I would really like to buy the tensioner off of this guy if it'll fit my sweet gold hub:

The allen head bolts that are used to tighten the hub to the frame are 10mm in diameter and not hollow.

The axle itself (that rides on the hub bearings) is 15mm in diameter (and is hollow to accommodate the allen head bolt). In this case the tensioner I need has an ID of 15mm with the key to fit into my vertical dropout, if it exists.

Soooo, Monkey, if the tensioner in you garage has an inner diameter of 15mm, I'll buy it off of you (depending on the price of shipping to get that little thing over the pond).

(pm me if so, so we don't turn this into a FS thread... :))

Edited by RiderRace

Soooo, Monkey, if the tensioner in you garage has an inner diameter of 15mm, I'll buy it off of you (depending on the price of shipping to get that little thing over the pond).

(pm me if so, so we don't turn this into a FS thread... :))

Pmded. The ID is 12mm though but I thought the Echo hubs had 12mm axles which were machined down to 10mm at the dropouts...

The ID is 12mm though but I thought the Echo hubs had 12mm axles which were machined down to 10mm at the dropouts...

The later ones were like that, but the one RiderRace has is a slightly older version which has a 15mm OD female axle, with 10mm male bolts (like a Pro2).

You can fit a tensioner to the derailleur hanger (http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/images/custom/bikes26/large_purebuild5.jpg), something like the Trialtech/Try-All/Tensile will work great.

Adam, :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Are you familiar enough with the dimensions of these tensioners that there would be enough material to machine that 12mm hole to a 15mm hole?

I was leaning towards the simplicity of a spoke tensioner, as it's much easier on the college budget, but would like to get something a little neater on there.