Martyn Ashton

LukeJustLuke

The way Martyn was riding the Hex, he doesn't really need to jump on the sig frame bangwagon at this time, though i would like to see Mart do something more refreshing with his demo routines now that hes on a steed that he can really chuck around.

Eh? And he couldnt "chuck around" his 26 or 24 before?

Backflips on road bikes not refreshing enough for you?

Remember that the Hex isn't all that different to the slightly older Justice frames he's been demoing on, sitting between those and the older Cannondales etc he's been riding since you were still shitting your pants...

Trials demos tend to be the way they are for a reason and in the grand scheme of things Mart's are pretty slick really - if chucking in high balance lines and more flips etc over the past year or two doesn't count then I'd love to see what does :rolleyes:

I reckon Mart will go solo again like he did last time those bikes were/are still popular i think he'll do that.

Yess, would love to see a return of the 'proper' ashton bikes, not some deal with a manufacturer that makes great frames then specs them with the weirdest parts....

Imagine if he clubbed together with Trialtech Dave to make new frames...

Ha now that is something i would love to see, some actual 'trialsable' complete bikes, rather than buying something where only the frame is good enough.

Ha now that is something i would love to see, some actual 'trialsable' complete bikes, rather than buying something where only the frame is good enough.

But for a good [price, the cheapest Inspired new is still close to a grand

Kinda answered your own statement there....

An actual 'trialsable' complete bike....uh huh, i hear you. For a good price....uh huh i see...... Well in my mind a complete trialsable bike for a good price is the entry level inspired. If you want something to cost 'less' (if thats what you mean by good price) then you will have to buy a complete bike that is 'less' trialsable long term.

You gets what you pay for. Ashton make cheap full-builds so naturally quality suffers. Inspired make good full-builds so naturally they are going to cost more.

It's the way of the world young man - Pay cheap - pay twice. I've fitted my Inspired with a pretty ideal build which would come in at the top end of the price spectrum.....well over 2 years and not a single fault with any of it.

I'd say the Onza zoot kinda has the middle ground covered. I mean its not the "ultimate" build but has enough quality parts to not hold you back.

But with the Inspired you have that peace of mind sort thing with it, we've all seen what Mr Macaskill does on one and we think to ourselves well if it handles that it'll be fine for me. And as is said quality aint cheap. When you think about it the element bike is dripping with trialtech components when you add it all up its alot of bike for the money.

Yess, would love to see a return of the 'proper' ashton bikes, not some deal with a manufacturer that makes great frames then specs them with the weirdest parts....

"Proper" Ashton bikes made frames of the same quility as you get with the full builds that Diamond back came out with...But DiamondBack were cheaper! Dealing with a big manufacturer was the biggest win in terms of dropping prices Martyn could have made! So wheres the harm in that?

When Mart first started out, his MK1/2 (Silver short ones) frames came in at £400!..Just for the frame!

The weirdest parts? What, like a harder gearing, not the hardest thing to change/upgrade is it?

And the super narrow bars, and the not-that-great rear hub, and the ISCG mount on the Effect frame, and the 330mm long seat post, and the massive seat...

Exactly. Yes and by proper i mean his own brand on the frames, i know they used to be made by orange but they werent getting all the recognision for it, its like Martyn just got Orange to produce frames for him, i know its the same with DB but they have all their branding on the frame too.