Coustellier V2

Alex Dark

So, thought I'd post some pictures up of the coustellier that I'm riding at the moment, I've done a bit of work recently to it, with the custom bash and tweaked front hub :)

post-11254-0-40701500-1292938202_thumb.j

dsc02607jd.jpg

post-11254-0-26453600-1292936886_thumb.j

post-11254-0-48253700-1292934868_thumb.j

Front magura, matching clamps.... :shifty:

dsc02640i.jpg

Maguras I refurbished and resprayed recently, really pleased with the finish. Front rim was also white :)

dsc02608d.jpg

Custom 'burns bash

dsc02639j.jpg

Front of the steed

dsc02638f.jpg

Rear brake setup...real cousts

dsc02637e.jpg

Front hub

dsc02636k.jpg

Specification:

Koxx Coustellier V2 frame, at the moment: 1108, 382, +40, 71.5, 680mm reach ( massive! )

Try-all nuc forged stem ( 125x25 , but actually 117 x 25 )

Viz pro 720 bars

Tensile ace headset

Trialtech magura only forks

Front Wheel: Kenda small block eight, maxxis standard tube, Try-all h0le rim, sapim double butted spokes, onza pro series hub ( machined out internally, with a cnc lathed 6082 t6 axle, and Echo tr-esque spacers and axle washers. Ended up saving 60gr I think, but it was out of necessity as I had to learn to use the CNC lathe at work anyway :) )

Rear wheel: Echo 07 front rim, square holed and with 128 holes around the spoke nipples in the inner wall (15gr heavier than a try-all H0le! ) , DT swiss plain gauge spokes, Chris King classic, Surly cog, homemade spacer kit and Alloy lockring, Continental Der Kaiser tyre, maxxis superlight tube.

Middle burn RS7 arms, what was once a 22t superpro bash, custom lathed and milled to take a drilled 18t cassette cog. Lighter than a TNN steel bash :)

FSA platinum pro BB

KMC kool chain ( changed to a K610HX now )

Spokey tensioner

Rear magura HS33 quicksilver, Echo TR clamps, Milled down RB lever, real coust pads in plastic, light grind.

Rear magura HS33 quicksilver, Echo CNC clamps, milled down RB lever, Heatsink cousts in CNC, light grind

Full bike weight as it stands is a smidge over 9.4Kgs

Really tempted to try a lighter tyre on the back, despite having a spare Rain King. Going to put some Alloy bolts on the magura, new rear rim is on it's way to me too :)

Edited by Alex Dark

I must admit im not really a fan of massive 26" TGS rigs but that is verry nice mate. There is something about anodised orange frames that look far cooler than any other frame. Just a shame its a koxx lol! ;D

Say whaaaaaa?!

Being Koxx isn't really a shame, is it?

Never heard anyone call a Koxx a TGS frame either :P

Saw you on this when I was in Cornwall :)

In the six weeks holidays I stay with friends near Wadebridge and we went into Bodmin town centre and saw what I presume was you and a lad on a T pro, would of come and said hello as a fellow trials rider but would of been a bit weird :)

Ah you should have come up and yelled at me :giggle: You coming down any time soon?

You realise you'd get it under 8kg if you cut those chainring bolts down, right?

haha, i really should chop them, looks so messy :S Only realise when youre staring at a high res photo though :P

I must admit im not really a fan of massive 26" TGS rigs but that is verry nice mate. There is something about anodised orange frames that look far cooler than any other frame. Just a shame its a koxx lol! ;D

Ahhh she's a good lass though

It is sexual chocolate!

And so light!

Cheers Matt, you still need to come down and have a bash on it ;)

Nothing really was just messin about it being a koxx! So what what would you call it then if it isnt a tgs frame? Im not sure what you would term it really.

Probably competition I guess....Giaco placed pretty highly on one in 08 I think. In all fairness I ride pretty much all TGS on it, so it'd be fair you saying that dude :giggle:

edit: just realised how ridiculously huge these pictures are...can somebody help scale them? :P

Edited by Alex Dark